Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
QC Inspector (Short Term Contract)
Our Client is looking for a QC Inspector on a short-term contract, location in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
To ensure that materials and documentation from the supply chain meets the specified purchasing requirements whilst adhering to the company's policies, procedures and processes. It will be necessary for the QC Inspector to contribute towards and administer quality plans including the undertaking of 'in process' inspection and witnessing certain test activities at the supply chain per the requirements of the quality plan.
Due to the small size of the QA / QC Department there will be a broader expectation to support team members in the completion of other QA / QC activities. This will be a measured performance indicator for the role.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken to the required standard in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and other relevant requirements.
- To identify personal training needs, bring them to the attention of the line manager and to take full advantage of the training opportunities provided.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- Undertakign of general QC activities including but not limited to: visual inspection, imensional control, inspection of surface finishes, coated or painted surfaces of fabricated or machined components, at vendor or Company premises, to ensure compliance with company specified purchase requirements.
- Maintain records of materials which have been inspected and process on the business system;
- Initiate, investigate and complete Non-Conformance Reports for parts which do not meet Company specified purchase requirements;
- Initiate, investigate and complete Non-Conformance Reports for procedures or processes which do not meet Company requirements;
- Review supplier quality records and liaise with technical clerk in compilation of Company Quality records (Manufacturing Record Books);
- Liaise with production personnel to resolve issues during assembly of parts;
- Audit vendor processes (welding, machining, painting, coating etc);
- Witness in-house or sub-contract testing (pressure, load, qualification, factory acceptance or site interface);
- Maintain calibration status and records for all Company measuring and testing equipment;
- Liaise with other departments to resolve quality issues;
- Generate reports, as required, for the Quality Manager and Management Team.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager or Company management.
- HNC or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- HND or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Depth of experience of Quality Control environment;
- Experience of dimensional control, coating processes, material properties and certification requirements;
- Experience of document control;
- Experience of reporting.
- Experience of Quality Assurance
- Fully conversant with the design engineering process.
- Trained in a manufacturing environment (machine shop; fabrication shop etc.).
- Worked in QC for a subsea company.
- Experience in training others in QC
- Good knowledge of fabrication, welding and machining activities;
- Knowledge of material properties;
- Lifting equipment testing & certification;
- Ability to understand and comply with Company policies, procedures and processes;
- Good standard of skills in MS Office applications.
- Understanding of coating / painting processes & reporting.
- Used to work within lean management methodologies.
- Trained in TOPSET or equivalent RCA methodology.
- Self-motivated and possesses the ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative to achieve defined goals;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Good organisation skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated and committed to continual improvement.
- Live within commuting distance to Aberdeen