Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are currently looking for a Contracts Specialist to join our team on a permanent basis located in Aberdeen.
- Support the continual development and implementation of a robust Supply Chain Management (SCM) governance programme within the Business Units, ensuring regionally, SCM conform to all Company and SCM Policies and Standards, fully meeting the Company's obligations under ABC legislation.
- Work with the regions to implement a contracting strategy in accordance with our Standard Contracting Principles.
- Draft and coordinate business case documents needed for contract approvals, for presentation to Management, and to gain approvals in line with the authorisation matrices.
- Working in close coordination with the Group Legal function, apply the Standard Contracting Principles to all contracts and amendments.
- Provide contractual support to the in-country teams and functions where required.
- Prepare contract qualifications and conduct negotiations with suppliers as appropriate
- Draft, coordinate and administer Frame Agreements and amendments / variations
- Effectively develop, manage and maintain value-driven relationships with suppliers, ensuring sustainable practice;
- Ensure robust contract management processes are implemented for key contracts.
- Provide effective communication to promote SCM standards and procedures to ensure good contracting practice is cascaded through the business.
- Maintain awareness of SCM and contracting best practice in relation to the oil & gas market place and act as the functional expert in these matters.
- Support Regional teams in contract dispute matters
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a SCM contracts role with an Oilfield Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company.
- Must have experience in defining long-term contracting strategies and the delivery of the accompanying plans
- Experience with LOGIC / CRINE, or other industry standard contract terms and conditions, including INCOTERMS
- Focal point for Supply Chain Management (SCM) Central Contracts. Provide guidance to the Business Unit on all aspects of SCM Contracting Principles.
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships mitigating risk throughout the supply chain and promoting safe, effective, trouble free operations
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.