Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
Supporting the Corporate Supply Manager within Supply Chain Management (SCM), the Contractors Coordinator will assist the Corporate functions and Business Units on all aspects of SCM Contracting Principles, build effective internal and external relationships to mitigate risk throughout the supply chain and promote safe, effective, trouble free operations
- Support the continual development and implementation of a robust SCM governance programme within Corporate to ensure compliance with all SCM policies and procedures fully meeting KCA Deutag's obligations under Anti-Bribery and Corruption legislation and General Data Protection Regulations
- Lead Corporate tenders and contract projects including tender management, post-tender negotiations, contract award and standard processes post-award
- Promote effective communication with the Business Units in order to have a structured, systematic approach towards contract management to ensure good contracting practice is cascaded down to rig management level
- Maintain awareness of SCM and contracting best practice in relation to the oil and gas market place and act as the functional expert in these matters
- Drafting and negotiation of third party supplier contracts for the Corporate functions in line with SCM standard terms and conditions and SCM Standard Contracting Principles
- Review existing contracts to ensure integrity and validity as well as proposing updates to company terms and conditions
- Support the Contracts Specialists in the Business Units and in-country teams to ensure SCM contracting procedures are followed and contracts are managed effectively.
- Provide guidance to the Corporate functions on all aspects of SCM Standard Contracting Principles (SCP's)
- Management of corporate contracts through engagement of key individuals within KCAD group
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a Law or Business Discipline.
- LLM, MCIPs or MSc Supply Chain Management is advantageous
- Preferred experience (1 year) in a SCM contracts role with an Oilfield Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company.
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrate competence in SCM methodologies with the ability to interface with other functions at various levels to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of contract planning, tender management, post tender negotiation, contract award and contract management.
- Must be well organised, proactive and a good communicator.
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.