Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
The Performance Improvement Engineer (PIE) (Corporate) is responsible for gathering and analysing operational data, maintaining data gathering systems, identifying and disseminating best practices, and assisting with performance improvement initiatives across the Group.
The PIE (Corporate) will provide analytical skills, data analysis, and facilitation to the performance teams and Business Units (BUs). The role is to help the BUs and Functions improve performance by maintaining and improving the reporting and performance tools, and through the sharing of lessons learned, data trends & SMART actions. The role is important in providing specialist corporate support to the Group by promoting a performance improvement culture (a Core Value) in order to maximise operational efficiency for the benefit of both the Group and its clients.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, quality, and continuous improvement of the Group's web-based performance reporting systems (Enhanced Drilling Reporting System), and the KPI Dashboard in order to enable data gathering, performance measurement and benchmarking, etc.
- Train Group personnel in the use of EDRS, Performance Improvement Investigations (PII), KPI Dashboard and other relevant performance systems and processes, and act as a focal point for the Group regarding Performance Services systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that all lessons from PII investigations, etc. are catalogued accordingly.
- Facilitate the PII/Major Operational Failure (MOF) process and in conjunction with the Performance Improvement Coordinators (PICs), progress implementation of the stages and timely close out of the actions by the BUs.
- Produce the Monthly Operations Performance Report (compiling Operations, HSSE, SCM, and E&M, performance data), and the 'Quick Look' NPT & PII/MOF Reports.
- Facilitate the drafting and subsequent publication of the 'Drilling Ahead' newsletter.
- Provide specialist support to the PIEs and PICs by providing analytical support and advice to improve the operational performance of all Group managed operations.
- Provide specialist support to all functions (particularly Operations, E&M, HSSE, and Commercial teams) as per requests and requirements, e.g. provision of data for tenders, data analysis, and presentations.
- Ensure KPIs are monitored against visible benchmarks to allow performance to be presented across the various communication vehicles.
- Identify internal improvement opportunities and suggest possible solutions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience - preferably from a systems or business process analyst background - OR - project management / drilling / engineering background with knowledge of systems and processes.
- Proven experience in a related role preferably with an Oil & Gas Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company.
- Knowledge and understanding in an Oil & Gas environment of business processes, systems, data gathering and analysis.
- IT and computer skills proficiency including MS Word, Excel, Power BI and Outlook, plus web based systems, processes, and databases.
- Ability to support diverse operations across multiple time zones and countries.
- Ability to author reports, presentations, procedures, proposals and guidance notes.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Highly fluent and competent in written and oral English.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for working in a corporate role.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.