Job Description Purpose
The purpose of the scheduler is to ensure timely execution of maintenance work and minimize cost of execution through optimized resource utilization by scheduling both the reactive and preventive work.
The scheduler is responsible to carry out but not limited to the below tasks.
- Synchronized approved work orders (both preventive & reactive) with the external scheduling tool
- Synchronize CAPEX project work performed by maintenance team and using maintenance resource with the external scheduling tool
- Check synchronized log everyday
- Carries out 90 day draft scheduling with mandated preventive work having higher priority over routine corrective work
- Finalize an accurate and firm 14-day schedule, including a frozen 7-day schedule, with OMC.
- Publish and distribute the finalized schedule and required work lists to keep all PU personnel and contractors informed
- Release preventive and routine work orders that have being scheduled
- Check material availability after schedules are established
- Coordinate with reactive and preventive planners on any material availability or schedule problems
- Resolve any resource and schedule conflicts with OMC
- Updates the progress of the schedules and publish updated schedules
- Check and ensure that resources are correctly provided as planned and scheduled
- Obtain feedback from workshop on duration of equipment overhauls and latest return dates for re-installation
- Conduct meetings including daily and weekly resource coordination meetings, hard week schedule coordination meetings etc
Accountable for the health of scheduling within the Maintenance Excellence (ME) Work Process associated with all reactive and preventive maintenance, Pressure Equipment Integrity (PEI) and Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) activities. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure resource conflicts are resolved
- Finalize the work schedules
- Schedule optimization
- Ensure schedules are within the planned window and agreed completion dates.
- Control and ensure correct resource allocation within PU and across Bukom according to work schedule
- Ensure adequate resource capacities required for clearing backlog
- Ensure proper synchronization of plans and schedules between the SAP and the external scheduling tool
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years Maintenance coordination, experience in a Petrochemical site and/or refinery facility.
- Contractor Coordination including contract management.
- Knowledge of ME works process, including scheduling, planning, material procurement, resource balancing and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and application of maintenance planning tools like Primavera P6 or Open Plan, MS-Project, Excel and Access, SAP is essential.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.