Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Manage delivery of sourcing, assessing and securing the best talent for Shell - both internally and externally. Accountable for Hiring Manager satisfaction (communication, ease of process, effectiveness, candidate fit, speed) and candidate experience in overall hiring quality.
- Develop trusted relationships and two-way engagement with business partners (hiring managers, country HR) to understand business priorities, roles, and talent needs both short and longer term
- Hold professional Job Brief Meeting with hiring managers to fully inform resourcing strategy and ensure Diversity and Inclusion priorities are established
- Working across both internal vacancies and external, partner with global Recruitment team to determine the right sourcing method for identifying high-fit candidates
- Manage the successful recruitment (quality, speed, cost and diversity of end-to-end pipeline) for internal appointments and approximately 60 external positions per annum in a given portfolio.
- Conduct assessments, differentiate candidate capabilities to short list and guide business on objective ratings to differentiate candidates.
- Lead the offer making process to secure smooth and timely selection and appointment of candidates
- Coach and guide Hiring Managers on Shell recruitment process ensuring full understanding of responsibilities and time frame commitments
- Build a continuous, collaborative delivery partnership with key Resourcing teams; global Sourcing Hub, Resourcing Operations and Recruitment Marketing. Ensure clarity and alignment across stakeholders to enable coordinated, effective, posting, screening, assessment and offer management. Contribute to a collaborative engagement with virtual network of team members, engaging them on the context and needs of the hire
- Follow up on referrals, attending networking events and generally building a pipeline of possible candidates for designated skill pools.
- Leverage LEAN practices to run/contribute to a highly effective weekly Huddle, aligning with the team on priorities, indicators, setting up for a successful week ahead.
- Ensure timely, accurate 'First time right' tracking and recording of information in the recruiting systems for positions and candidates
- Identifying and leading work to improve the ongoing delivery and operational effectiveness of Resourcing, eg. Continuous Improvement (C.I) scope, or assessment upgrades.
- Be a frontline bastion of integrity in Shell decision making for hiring. Understand and adhere to high standards of compliance across all accountabilities. Take personal responsibility for data protection, equal opportunities at all times in addition to HSSE and Shell governance policies
Skills and Requirements
- Works under general supervision, in accordance with work agreements and procedures. Checks with manager or supervisor when needed. Proactively uses LEAN and Recruitment KPIs and brand ambassador.
- Works with stakeholders throughout the entire organisation and with external parties, locally as well as globally. Continues and sustainable business partnering
Complexity is Med-High
- Medium/high (mix of requisition volumes and med-high diversity of skill pools; Volume of demand less predictable, difficult to develop consistent sourcing strategies.
- More integrated 360 talent approach - has accountability for internal and external resourcing.
- Strong understanding of recruitment processes, practices and systems. Like Linkedin Recruiter, Kariyernet.
- Capable knowledge of candidate sourcing and marketing tactics to identify candidates. Confident in candidate assessment and offer negotiation.
- Country business structure, roles and different types of capabilities needed in different roles
- Country policies and global recruitment policies
- Excellent communication, clear oral and written skills, effective questioning and active listening
- Experience of working across multiple portfolios and keep a number of needs across different roles moving forward at the same time (structured multi-tasking)
- Relationship management; able to develop deep understanding of different stakeholder needs, assert credibility and challenge as needed and deliver
- Data insight and analysis; continuously uses all metrics available to review/anticipate/adjust current priorities and needs. Eg. market tracking, application volumes, open requisition numbers, cycle time of recruitment stages, assessment results, diversity of applicants/shortlist/appointments/assessors.
- Trusted, credible partner
- Role models Shell's values and demonstrates this through decision making
- Works flexibly to deliver on commitments
- Friendly engaging manner to convey Shell EVP with candidates
- Strong team orientation; able to proactively contribute to EMEA Resourcing team, country HR team and others. Works effectively in virtual, diverse teams.
- Proactive, takes initiative and effectively deals with challenges
- Values and cares for quality of talent joining Shell and of candidates who interact with Shell and are likely Shell customers