Job Description General Info
The successful candidate will be joining the Lubricants Supply Chain (LSC) organization at an exciting time in the region's growth aspiration, and in enabling LSC to achieve its vision on being the most competitive supply chain for profitable growth.
This role is accountable for the day-to-day production to supply customers' needs in Singapore and the region. The role is demanding and requires strong leadership, manufacturing, technical, quality, collaboration, communication and prioritization skills to manage the multiple, competing tasks on the role.
The selected individual will be joining the LSC Asia Pacific organization at a critical time for the business as there is an urgent need to improve business results in some weaker areas and managing significant change in Lubricants Supply Chain in its journey to world-class operations in a challenging business environment.Purpose
Manage operations of all designated production/process units within the constraints of budget and production programme requirements and meet quality & HSSE performance targets of the newly constructed Tuas Lubricants Oil Blending Plant (LOBP) and Grease Manufacturing Plant (GMP) in Singapore, the largest Shell LOBP/GMP in South East Asia, including interfacing with the Singapore Lube Park (SLP), a Non-Operated Venture (NOV) which operates the jetty and tank farm that receives, stores, transfers and discharges base oil and lubricants - managed by a 3rd party service provider.
This responsibility includes production process, end to end quality, utilities, maintenance, oil movements, in-plant logistics and any designated activities involving the LOBP/GMP.
The role would suit a highly capable individual with manufacturing experience, seeking a challenging role in a dynamic environment, associated with one of the core and growing Downstream businesses.Accountabilities
• Ensure the plant meets short and longer term production programs set by Planning, in a cost effective and safe manner.
• Ensure effective and efficient operations of all plant, processes and equipment consistent with agreed operating targets including but not limited to cost, Health-Safety-Security-Environment (HSSE), energy/utilities, maintenance, capacity utilization/Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), stock inventory management, flush generated/re-injected and other loss/waste management.
• Ensure all plant and operational activities meet and are in accordance with Group HSSE and Legislative standards and requirements.
• Accountable for plant Operating Expenditure and Capital Expenditure budgets. Set clear priorities and goals for subordinates in order to maximize their performance.
• Asset owner for the plant.
• Working with Contracts and Procurement on procurement of services and equipment for the plant.
• Work with Country logistics manager to manage Third Party in-plant logistics service provider and other vendor contracts to ensure safe, efficient and acceptable performance.
• Carry out the role of local site manager at the Lubes/Grease Plants including Emergency Response/Crisis Management.
• Coach and ensure that all subordinates are properly trained and competent to perform their roles.
• The successful candidate will also support the Country LSC manager when required as the Shell shareholder representative in the Operations committee in SLP that provides advice and monitors operational performance of the NOV JV.Dimensions
Direct reports: 5
Team size: ~35 Shell staff FTEs and ~45 contractorsCompany Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor degree or above preferably in a technical discipline.
- Over 10 years experience in managing manufacturing operations.
- Experience in Supply Chain management and/or lubricants/chemicals and Quality Control are a big advantage.
- Strong in leadership skill particularly in people management and stakeholder engagement.
- Possesses track record of leading team to deliver exceptional business result.
- Experience in managing difficult staff and stakeholders.
- GSAP knowledge will be useful.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviours will be taken into account during the selection process.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.