Skills: Risk Management, Technical Writing, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Compliance, HSE, technical, legal, health & safety, environmental,
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
A hardworking, organised individual is required to support the Perenco UK (PUK) Decommissioning Team in a Compliance Support role.
This role entails assisting the decommissioning team keep abreast of changes to laws, regulations, or company rules with respect to the decommissioning of Perenco UK's offshore assets; ensuring that all regulatory and internal compliance requirements have been identified and are fully understood and are being met by the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual who is motivated to develop efficient ways to meet the regulatory challenges we face without compromising our core HSE values. A technical background would be beneficial but is not a perquisite for the role; it would equally suit someone with a legal /compliance background. However, you must be able to demonstrate a passion for improving health, safety and environmental practices.
Strong organisational skills are needed, as you will be required to work with the decommissioning team and wider PUK business to ensure that all necessary paperwork is in place, and submissions and approvals are gained in a timely fashion. You will need exceptional written communication and presentation skills with a keen eye for detail, as the role involves gathering various different types of information, summarising the information into concise reports, and ensuring that the appropriate level of review and authorisation is obtained prior to being submitted to relevant stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
With exposure to wider QSHE issues this position is pivotal to supporting the team whilst enabling development towards a Compliance Coordinator role in the medium term.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administrating the decommissioning team's Permits, Licenses, Approvals, Notifications and Consents (PLANC) system:
- Ensuring all new and changes to regulatory requirements are captured in the PLANC
- Maintaining the schedule for PLANC submissions in line with the overall decommissioning project plan
- Ensuring records are up to date and relevant supporting information is uploaded to the PLANC
- Providing proactive compliance support to the onshore and offshore decommissioning teams:
- Communicating when new rules are established or revisions are made to existing policies, and providing training / guidance as required
- Providing appropriate reminders to the team of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinating required risk assessments and technical reviews with the PUK QSHE team
- Providing assurance so that the decommissioning team is operating within the Perenco UK policies and procedures and adhering to regulatory requirements:
- Evaluating the team's performance with respect to compliance and reporting areas of non-compliance;
- Working with the QSHE/decommissioning team to coordinate investigations and remedial measures.
- Supporting the preparation for and execution of compliance reviews /audits, and ensuring corrective actions and recommendations are followed up.
- Supporting the development of key regulatory documents.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent. A technical degree would be useful, however, a legal, business, compliance or research background would also be ideally suited for this role.
• A high standard of written English is required; ideally with high grades in English at GSCE and 'A' level (or equivalent) obtained.
• A keen eye for detail and excellent presentation skills.
• Familiarity with computer and necessary software including MS Word, MS Excel and preferably MS PowerPoint (or equivalent).
• Worked as a team player, experience of working to tight deadlines in previous roles.
• Detail-oriented and well organised.
• Ability to engage with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
• Confident, open and approachable manner, with the ability to communicate and work alongside all departments promoting a good compliance culture.
• Ability to foster strong relationships.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Flexible benefit allowance
• Life assurance
• Excellent pension provision