Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Pipe Support Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 12 months.
You will join the Civil, Structural, Architectural and Weight Control Department (CSAW) which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments it involves sub-sea and topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and architectural engineering.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures.
- Supervision of design/draughting personnel and allocation of work.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
- Undertake work in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures.
- Undertake surveys necessary to develop area of work assigned.
- Ensure all drawings and documents are completed within the allocated hours and in accordance with the programme.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Experienced senior designer with sound technical background and in-depth knowledge of CAD draughting techniques
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting for draughting function
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Conversant with company and client draughting standards and specifications