Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is recruiting a Piping Discipline Manager to join our team in Aberdeen on a permanent basis. This role will manage the UK Integrated Solutions Piping Department, providing support to all projects.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure the technical accuracy and integrity of the design engineering carried out by the discipline.
- Provide staff resources with appropriate skills for project and business requirements.
- Develop and enhance the discipline through implementation of best practice in areas of people management, systems and business processes.
- Ensure Lead Discipline Engineers and Designers are aware of their Safe and Sustainable Engineering for Asset Lifecycle responsibilities.
- Assist in areas where concerns are raised in relation to the discipline (eg shortage of resources, technical problems, workflows etc).
- Promote and facilitate use of Global Delivery Center for specified discipline activities across all projects.
- Maintain oversight of discipline manhour budgets across UKIS project portfolio, reviewing any areas of over / underspend and adjusting discipline norms accordingly.
- Ensure consistency of discipline activities across all projects through provision of go-bys and technical standards where appropriate.
- Manage discipline input to proposals.
- Oversee and support execution of UKIS Technical Peer Review Schedule for the discipline.
- Approve all staff appointments within the discipline and where appropriate carry out interviews and inductions.
- Undertake staff appraisals of senior discipline staff and approve reviews carried out by subordinates.
- Actively support and develop accredited graduate training schemes (where appropriate) and appoint mentors.
- Make recommendations regarding succession planning and promotions.
- Review staff development needs and co-ordinate training requirements with Learning and Development.
- Undertake salary reviews for permanent and agency staff within the discipline.
- Undertake and / or delegate discipline technical authority role(s).
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Legislation, Codes and Standards.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and implement applicable Legislation, Codes and Standards.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable Client / Project policies and procedures.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients etc.
- Maintain interface with Companywide Strucutral Networks and Community of Practice
- UK Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Highly experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Highly experienced in the use of codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
- Highly experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
- Able to take a lead in motivation, training and ongoing development of subordinates.
- Capable of setting and managing discipline objectives.
- Capable of generating co-operative team based culture within the discipline.
- Knowledge of personnel issues and aspirations of subordinates.
- Technical authority within the discipline as a fully developed, professional engineer with substantial experience and expertise
- Experienced in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Experienced in the supervision and management of several discipline teams assigned to a number of projects within a large sized business