Skills: Gas Plant Operations
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
To ensure Plant & Field is operated within defined safe operating
envelopes, safe work procedures are followed, plant availability is maintained whilst
taking environmental care, economic operation and upholding Client.
- Ensure compliance to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and company Values.
- Ensure that all activities in area of control are in compliance with HSE standards, shift team is up to date in HSE and comply with the same.
- Represent Plant Operations in Task risk and other risk assessments and reviews.
- Initiate incident report in case of occurrence and support in investigation as required.
- Plan, schedule and conduct Operations Safety meetings, Desktop Emergency scenarios and Emergency Exercises.
- Take role of On scene Commander in response to Plant emergencies.
- Manage and oversee operational behavioural systems such as Overrides & Inhibits, Isolations, Operational Risk Assessments, Locked Open and Closed valves.
- Plan and carryout Emergency Shut Down and Emergency Depressurization function tests as per schedule.
- Control plant operations, process within established safe operating envelopes
- Enforce Plant operation within safe envelopes, monitor operations, alarms, and analyse upsets and trips. Report process excursions, upsets and trips with operating details. Ensure approval is in place before any deviations to standard operations.
- Ensure gas re-injection, supply and gas quality are meet.
- Conduct first line troubleshooting in case of plants upsets, trips. Escalates issues
- Optimize operation of different machines to minimize fuel & electricity consumption and improve operating efficiency.
- Coordinate with GCS control room for daily nominations, LNG cargo schedule and plans for appropriate balance of gas supply and demand.
- Manage and control chemical inventory for Plant and Laboratory as per operation modes envisaged.
- Coordinate with control room for condensate batch transfer.
- Control work in process and control area ensuring all work are safe and in accordance with CLIENT standards.Control release of equipment, plant sections for maintenance work. Represent operations in planning meetings.
- Review / approve ORACLE notifications prioritizing and work planning based impact to plant operations.
- Review/approve process related method statements and participate in Risk Assessments.
- Coordinate & execute the day-to-day operations and maintenance activities in Plant & Field.
- Enforce strict compliance to Operational procedures, Method statements, Job safety analysis, Risk assessments etc. in controlling and executing maintenance activities.
- Control work through the Permit to Work system so that all work activities are carried out in a safe manner. Manage simultaneous operations.
- Document, audit and reporting functions.
- Prepare various Operations reports including Daily Operations and Production reports, Weekly Gas availability, Monthly PSM reports, Monthly Emission report, Lab analysis report etc.
- Assist with drafting, review and update of operations procedures and manuals, start-up/shut-down procedures, Isolation plans & procedures.
- Record & collate production & process data. Ensure important documents retention as per policy.
- Conduct Plant Safety walkthrough, Permit to Work audits to ensure compliance to procedures.
- Assist with drafting, review and update of Operational Procedures, manuals and Start-up & Commissioning of new facilities or modifications.
- Ensure proper hand-over of information between shifts.
- Manage the shift team through
Support Project and Engineering Departments during the different phases of the projects (Design, tie-in planning and construction).
Manage Field & Plant operations and liaise with GCS Shift Supervisor for the required changes in operation modes (import/export).
Manage and control chemical inventory for Plant and Laboratory.
Coordinate with operations team First line maintenance.
Perform special tasks as assigned by Field Superintendent.
Knowledge, skills Experience and Job Related Competencies
Minimum of 10 years of Gas Plant experience with 3 years in a supervisory role.
Bachelor of Science / Bachelors of Technology or Bachelors of Degree of preferably in Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant technical qualifications.
Comprehensive understanding of gas plant design, controls, maintenance and operations.
Experience with distributed control systems, gas processing and gas turbine and compressor operations.
Competencies / Skills / Others
Strong verbal and written English skills, including the ability to draft concise operating instruction and procedures.
Computer literate-Microsoft Excel and Word
Strong leadership and supervisory skills .
Excellent teamwork, communication, leadership, organizational and planning.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.