Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Columbus, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Provides administrative and clerical support for the field location. This position deals with a diverse group of external and internal contacts at various levels. Organization skills required to plan, prioritize and execute tasks related to a diversified work load. Depending on size of company location, may be required to perform all duties listed or may be assigned specific tasks.
This is a non-safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Area Superintendent, or Administrative Supervisor
Directs Reports: None
- Maintains customer files
- Inputs data into Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/Payroll
- Organizes and distributes daily reports
- Opens and distributes mail daily
- Coordinates meetings and conferences
- Answers non-routine correspondence and may assemble confidential or sensitive information
- Coordinates completion of paperwork for personnel including new hires, pay changes, and terminations for submission to Human Resources and may conduct new hire orientations
- Monitors past due accounts and collection of payments
- Maintains driver qualification files and monthly/annual training files
- Monitors DOT logs and inputs all DOT hours on spreadsheet for safety management
- Assists with dispatching and answering phones
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative position
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Excel and Word)
- Effective communication skills with customer service experience
- Knowledge of clerical and office administrative procedures
- Ability to organize daily duties and prioritize tasks
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- SAP experience
Physical Requirements and Typical Working Conditions:
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs., bending
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment