Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Engineer participates in writing high performance or parallel programs, possesses computer architecture knowledge and is experienced with multiple parallel programming models and hardware accelerators. The HPC software engineer is responsible to assess systems performance and to propose improvement solution to any component.
He/ She reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates new code or optimizes existing code to the required balance of performance, price (for instance, price/performance), maintainability and user experience
- Builds prototypes, products and systems, sets up and runs lab simulations
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Learns new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations
- May participate in the relevant technical reviews and audits of the projects
- Contributes to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Applies and complies with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Minimum three years related experience.
- Proficiency in C++. High level of expertise in concepts such as:
- Variadic templates
- Static polymorphism
- Knowledge of Linux preferably as the primary operating system.
- Good understanding of computer and memory architecture and its impact on performance
- Ability to read assembly
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and socket communication
- Ability to explain performance or maintainability limitations of third parties
- Vim experience preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.