Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Acquire and evaluate the primary well data for subsurface reservoirs; perform or manage complete petrophysical evaluations including (but not limited to) log analysis, conventional core analysis, special core analysis, RDT-pressure analysis, rock mechanical analysis, porosity predictions,
- Saturation-height-modelling, etc
- Perform consistent petrophysical interpretations (lithology, phi, So, Sg, net, n/g,EPV, sums and averages), culminating in fully documented petrophysical models which describe accurately the distribution of fluids within reservoirs, for eventual implementation in 3D static modelling and dynamic simulation in order to predict the hydrocarbon flow potential of the rocks, i.e. assess the rocks' potential to produce oil and gas using all available data; assess the volumes of hydrocarbons in the reservoirs, differentiating between oil, gas and water.
- Develop strong professional relationships with current and potential clients with a view to generating robust streams of business for the Company.
- Present data, interpretation and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Support colleagues by assisting them with their petrophysics knowledge
- Mentor the development of less experienced petrophysics colleagues
- Petrophysical Support/Log Analysis/Log Quality Control for LWD Operations
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years Relevant experience in petrophysical interpretation (cased and open hole, clastic and carbonate lithologies and diagenesis, and fractures detection from logs)
- Understanding of fluid properties and dynamics, fractures and faults systems, clastic and carbonate sedimentology and diagenesis, risk and uncertainty analysis and volumetric estimates.
- IT-literate (Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc); experience with G&G databases & petrophysical interpretation PC based software
- Project Management experience in leading integrated studies is desirable
- Experience performing a client-facing role and on their behalf, project managing both petrophysics input into multi-disciplinary integrated projects and liaising with technical, management and commercial staff in client or 3rd party organizations.
- Experience of creating and executing project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, managing the day-day operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Ability to identify resources needed and, in conjunction with the Location Manager, assign individual responsibilities.
- Experience in assisting with the petrophysics input to tender and bid process
- Relevant degree (e.g. Geology ,Petroleum Geology, Geo Physics, etc.); preferably a Masters
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50400, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 72458
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.