Position Title: Structural Geologist Location: Middle East - Saudi ArabiaType: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Structural Geologist for an Expat position to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Job Summary - Structural Geologist
As the successful candidate you will have experience in 2D and 3D structural restoration in a variety of tectonic terrains, and 2D and 3D structural restoration from prospect to regional scales.
You will have structural geology experience in rift basins, salt tectonic basins, and be able to perform prospect scale trap analysis including of faults, map QC, and corrections. Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a consultant to management, and act as a technical expert to assigned professionals as required to satisfactorily perform work assignments.
- Conduct applied research within area of specialization to provide new means of solving geological problems.
- Prepare oral and written reports, and present the results of studies for review by management.
- Analyze regional stratigraphic and structural framework to determine potential and risk of future prospective regional trends.
- Utilize interdisciplinary data, build integrated earth models to improve visualization, optimize drilling, and help Reservoir Simulation and Reserves groups.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to their specific geological discipline to ensure that the most current methods and techniques are applied to develop solutions to the problems encountered in Saudi Arabia.
- Bachelor degree in geology, geoscience, or a related science. A Masters in petroleum geosciences, or a higher degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years or more of industry experience with a major international oil company or other industry leading company.
- Minimum of 5 years' exploration in deepwater offshore, Gulf of Mexico (GOM), or West Africa.
- A working knowledge of geomechanics and wellbore stability analysis is advantageous
- Publications, presentations, and participation in lectures are highly desireable.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights back home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.