Company: NES Global Talent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $158000 - $265000 per annum, Benefits: Expat Premium, Annual Bonus, Housing, Schooling, Retirement, etc.
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Position Title: Exploration Geologist
Location: Middle East - Saudi Arabia
Type: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for an Exploration Geologist for an Expat position to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As the successful candidate you will have a good understanding of clastic and carbonate depositional systems in tectonically active basins, and experience in structural geology from rift basins, active rift basins and salt tectonic basins.
You will be skillful in 2D and 3D seismic mapping (especially with low quality data) from prospect to regional scales, and have experience of prospect generation with a track record of prospect maturation.
Other aspects include expertise in well planning, and operations follow up.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a consultant to management, and act as a technical expert to assigned professionals as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments.
- Develop ideas, create plans, and organize projects or specialized studies in area exploration, technical services, or in reservoir characterization to realize corporate objectives.
- Conduct applied research within your area of specialization to provide new means of solving geological problems.
- Prepare oral and written reports to present the results of studies for review by management.
- Analyze regional stratigraphic and structural framework to determine potential and risk of future prospective regional trends.
- Utilize interdisciplinary data, build integrated earth models to improve visualization, optimize drilling and help Reservoir Simulation and Reserves groups.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to your specific geological discipline to ensure that the most current methods and techniques are applied to provide solutions to problems encountered in Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor degree in geology, geoscience, or a related science. A Masters in petroleum geosciences, or a higher degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years or more of industry experience with a major international oil company or other industry leading company.
-Minimum of 5 years' exploration in deepwater offshore, Gulf of Mexico (GOM), or West Africa.
- Publications, presentations, and participation in lectures are highly desireable.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, flights back home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.