Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct hazard/risk analyses of all processes and activities at the site
- Conduct incident investigations to identify causes and develop and implement proper corrective and preventive actions and to prevent future incidents
- Ensures compliance with corporate health, safety and environmental policies, programs and procedures.
- Trains, monitors and coaches employees in order to improve skill level to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards of HSE processes in a reliable and cost-effective manner
- Develops controls for identified hazards - coordinates the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis. Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries
- Develops solutions for managing health, safety and environmental issues related to specific operations, business, or corporate initiatives in compliance and sustainability
- Familiar with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard.
- Knowledge and experience with UK HSE regulations preferred.
- Implements and maintains HSE policies, processes, and recommends changes to established procedures that affect the organization
- Manage safety training with specific emphasis on New Hire Orientation and periodic re-training and employee competency evaluation.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on health, safety and environmental issues
- Identifies opportunities, improvements, and issues and then recommends corrective actions to eliminate the risk and or reduce the impact
- Participates in other health, safety, environmental and sustainability activities as directed by top management or the HR manager
- Keeps updated with new health, safety, and environmental regulations that could affect any area of the business and propose actions to management
- Develops communications to keep employees informed of new or revised HSE policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines
- Maintain files, records, and documentation related to HSE and training
- Conduct in-house safety meetings and maintain logs and certifications relative to topics discussed or training conducted.
- Be familiar with ISNetworld and PEC Safety portals and provide input to assist with updating required information as necessary.
- Assist with completing HSE questionnaires related to Master Service Agreement completion, client or regulatory audits or recertification of expired information.
- Minimum five years of related experience
- In depth knowledge of Federal, State, and Local HSE regulations, i.e. OSHA , BSEE, SEMS, EPA, etc.
- Ability to develop knowledge of international HSE requirments
- Ability to develop and implement HSE policies and procedures
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills related to functional areas and understanding impact to the overall business
Technical Skills & Programs
- Proficient in applicable software applications including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Subject matter expert in the following:
- Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Management of Change (MOC) Process
- Behavior-Based Safety (BBS)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Risk Assessment
- Works in office environment approximately 60% of the time
- Works in workshop, manufacturing, and well site environments on a drilling rig 40% of the time, which involves moderate exposure to hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, noise levels, inclement weather and shop machinery.
- Must be able to obtain TWIC, HUET and/or BOSIET, and OGUK physical.
- Exposure to workshop and yard area in an environment with dirt, grease, and dust.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of related industry experience required.
Education: 4 year Bachelor's degree in HSE or related science/technical field