Skills: Engineering Manager, LNG, Plant Operations Engineer
Other Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Operations Engineering Manager is responsible for leading all Operations LNG Engineering team activities. The position will provide both strategic direction and tactical support to ensure that all team members have a clear focus on deliverables, systems and process's necessary to allow for transition to AMA1 LNG from the Project phase to Operational phase. Key focus areas will include but not be limited to: Team Development and Competency, Technical system development, Company Standards & Guidelines deployment, Asset Integrity & Barrier Management delivery, Planning, Budgeting Contracts development and Executing for Operational Assurance.
- 20 Years minimum experience in Oil / Gas Chemicals in Technical / Operations Management positions and a minimum of (7) seven to (10) ten years of relevant LNG experience
- Ability to work across multiple technical functions, providing input to the development of operational economics and contributing to the development of business critical strategies
- Technical leader within the business asset for Management of Change. Leads the processing, analyzing and summarizing of MOC proposals to ensure plant remains safe to operate, barriers are maintained, potential conflicts are identified and proposed change(s) integrates both technical and business aspects to provide an overall benefit to the LNG value chain
- Lead Engineering Operational Assurance activities associated with Detailed Design phase on AMA1 LNG facilities. Work with LNG Project team to understand key Engineering activities and provide operational oversight into works being developed by CCS JV for Trains 1&2. Attend Engineering Workshops (P&ID Reviews, HAZOP, 3D Model Reviews etc.) and FAT / SAT of Equipment & Systems as required.
- Develop and deliver, as part of the Engineering Operational Assurance plan, strategies, systems and a framework to support the Ops Engineering Technical Leads, both in the execution of their duties and continued professional development, applying external industry best practice. Provide support and direction to Operations Engineers on a functional basis and take responsibility for solutions on all major technical issues
- Maintain relationship with Project Engineering Manager and Asset Manager to review, approve and develop where necessary, the Anadarko Company Standards & Guidelines to ensure significant operational requirements are achieved and all Technical Safety, Asset Integrity, Barrier Management, Process Safety in Design, Safety Case and Quantitative Risk Assessment outputs and Lessons Learned are incorporated into the facility design & operational procedures
- Review and investigate through detailed evaluation all process, utility and equipment operational efficiencies. Provide timely optimizations and enhancements to improve plant up time, product flows and revenue streams, along with technical solutions to reduce plant turnaround durations and improving overall RAM figures.
- Ensure support services and other relevant Contracts are in place to support all Maintenance, Operations & Engineering related activities. Oversight of Long Term Service Agreements to ensure compliance and KPI's are achieved. Manage Equipment Condition Monitoring & Asset Integrity scopes of work and ensure technically sound future improvements are incorporated into these scopes to improve facility reliability
- Responsible for an effective operational technical team by developing key competencies for all current and future engineering team organization structure positions. Develop Competency portfolio for each position, identify any skill gaps and provide support, training and mentoring where necessary. Guides and mentors Engineering trainee / early career Engineers to reach professional qualification requirements
- Champion a variety of STOP / Behavior Safety Audits and Life Saver awareness during project and operational phases. In particular, support Pre Start-Up Safety Reviews and Technical handover of LNG Facilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. P.E or C.Eng or equivalent status is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.