Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Asset Integrity Engineer, Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Off shore's global footprint includes worldwide Execution Centers.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development. Some of SBM Off shore's products include CALM Buoy's, Floating Production Storage and Offloading Units, Semisubmersibles, Tension Leg Platforms and Turret Mooring Systems.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in Deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution Centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for a Operations Integrity Technician. This position rotates offshore for 14 days
Essential functions of the job:
The OIT will be assisting the Operator of Record (the Operator) with daily SBM facility operations, including Asset Integrity and Maintenance of the facility in liaison with the SBM Asset Manager and the SBM Monaco Asset team. It is noted that SBM facility operates under the Management System of the Operator.
- Promote safety awareness on the facility. Promote and demonstrate compliance with the Operator Safety Management System. Offer advice and recommendations as appropriate, using the SBM practice as a reference. Abide by the onboard Operator policies, including safety and regulatory policies, at all times.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all relevant onshore and offshore stakeholders.
- Provide Computer Managed Maintenance System (CMMS) advice and assistance to Operator.
- Provide assistance support and onboard coordination for all scope of work onboard, which is is the responsibility of and/or managed by SBM.
- Provide assistance and support for all inspection activities performed by the Operator (ISIP, UWILD, BSEE, USCG, ABS, etc.). Assure that SBM is copied on all inspection reports.
- Assist with MOC (Management of Change) and ensure that the Operator includes SBM in the process, and as an approver. Ensure that all SBM master documentation associated with approved MOC's is properly updated.
- Provide guidance and support to the Operator for any Brownfield work.
- Communicate any safety issues, along with issues that will affect production run time to the Asset Manager.
- Ensure full compliance with Class and other regulatory requirements for the hull, preserving the hull's operational status
- Assist the Operator with the SBM facility inspection, maintenance, repair and operating procedures and guidelines for both the hull and topsides.
- Reporting of the asset integrity status to the SBM Asset Manager
All staff is required to meet core hours per company policy for the purpose of ensuring internal/external customer needs are met. The employee may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned. Employee may be expected to travel on domestic and international assignments.
Exempt Staff: Please note that exempt staff may be required to work occasional hours beyond the typical schedule.
- High School Diploma required. Qualified to Degree or HNC level.
- 2 years' experience on hydrocarbon processing, with offshore operations experience desirable.
- 2 years' experience in an administrative organization, preferably in the offshore industry.
- Experience with Management Systems, preferably ISM/MS and/or ISO9000-9002/ISO14001.
- Knowledge of statistics for analysis and managerial information systems.
- Experience in Contract Administration.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular MS-Excel, MS-Word, and MS-Project.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. (Other languages as appropriate to the work location).
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Offshore Rotational schedule: 14/14.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill, and/or ability required and includes:
- Developing critical situations (operational, weather, equipment failure, leaks, fires personnel etc.) are identified and logged for later analysis
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately to OIM and Asset Manager according in line with policy, procedure and regulation.
- Show competence during drills and exercises.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
The physical and safety requirements described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- An ENG1 (Marine and Coastguard Agency) physical exam and certification is required. Or must satisfy the medical certification requirements of the SBM and / or local regional authorities. All certification should be maintained and up to date.
Mental, Behavioral Ability/Compliance Requirements:
- Employee is required to be alert with the ability to concentrate and focus on the performance and completion of these essential job functions, while maintaining professional behavior in the workplace.
- Required to have mental capacity to gather and analyze data, create high level mathematical equations, with ability to communicate purpose and choice of resources.
- Leading projects requires mental capacity to plan resources, create and deliver schedules and presentations, create communication strategies applicable to all audiences.
- Employee will be required to abide by company policies, including safety policies, at all times.
SBM is headquartered in West Houston's Energy Corridor. This role is located in the Gulf of Mexico with helicopter flights out of Boothville-Venice, LA. SBM Offshore offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (401(k) Plan, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.