Skills: Marine Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Marine Supervisor
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Raeburn are working on an excellent opportunity on behalf of one our major clients within the Oil & Gas sector.
An opening has arisen for a ROV Trainer based in Aberdeen.
The main function of the role is to instruct and supervise ROV Technicians in the installation/construction activities on board, ensuring efficiency, meet dealines, project specifications, quality procedures and standards.
You should have the following experience:
Previous experience offshore working with ROVs, procedures and maintenance programs or equivalent - ideally within a supervisory role
Previous experience delivering one to one and group training
Must have or be working towards recognised train the trainer qualifications and the likes of SQA L&D9i / SQA L&D11
- To carry out induction training for new ROV technician recruits.
- Ensuring coordination of all the works carried out on board, including but not
limited to ROV, trenching equipment, subsea equipment etc.
- Carry out ROV piloting and ROV manipulator operations
- To instruct and supervise ROV technicians using simulator.
- Mobile and demobilise ROV systems on-board vessels and barges
- Assisting and support the Project Team in the solution of the technical and
management issues within the assigned area
- To develop and maintain the internal quality assurance (IQA) strategy for the ROV
personnel competence assurance and assessment scheme (CAAS).
- To identify training needs based on the outcome of CAAS assessments and ROV
personnel offshore performance evaluations
- To develop a coaching philosophy that supports the professional development of ROV
- To plan, design, deliver and evaluate in-house induction training and coaching
interventions to support the development of ROV personnel in accordance with the
competencies defined within CAAS
- Assist in the provision of a variety of ROV training workshops and courses with
internal and external providers.
- To evaluate external training provision to ensure it meets the needs of the
company in accordance with ROV CAAS
- To instruct ROV technicians in the maintenance and repair of electronic and
electrical systems and sub systems as well as hydraulics associated with remotely
operated vehicles including component repair, replacement and troubleshooting on a
one-to-one or group basis, in accordance with the company ROV competency program.
- To monitor and track ROV technician competency attainment in accordance with the
ROV competency program and perform performance evaluations.
- To conduct training and coaching offshore on occasion.
- Assist the Master with regards to the Emergency situations
- Ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with Company and Project
- Motivate the crew with regard to the observation of HSE requirements, also
through leading personnel example and promote their contents in meetings and
- Ensure personnel training for technical operations and safety
- Ensure that the daily Tool Box and JSA, if required, have been carried out
according to the procedures
Only those with the right to work in the UK need apply. Raeburn to not have the ability to offer sponsorship visa, therefore current validity to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.