Skills: HR - General
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Human Resources Manager.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and matrix reporting to the Senior Vice President- Nabors Drilling Solutions, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing and directing the overall Human Resources function while supporting the consistent and fair application of company policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with federal and state laws.
• Consult with and advise senior leadership to promote the overall human capital management function for the business unit
• Ensure legal compliance and minimize the risk of legal or third party action by monitoring and implementing applicable provincial and federal/state government legislative requirements are met. Promote and support all corporate policies, procedures, and initiatives in an ethical and consistent manner
• Work with multiple product line leaders to forecast and plan for upcoming employee needs. Participate in regular HR planning meetings
• Manage full-cycle recruiting, providing consultation with regards to attracting talent, employee testing, selection, training and employee retention. Ensure the timely facilitation of new hire orientation
• Administer employee compensation programs and provide interpretation on employee compensation programs
• Employee Relations - respond to inquiries from staff and management regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs and any staff issues that arise
• Provide conflict resolution, mediation, incident investigation and documentation as required
• Champion employee development and succession planning initiatives and programs
• Analyze employee data to produce programs that will reduce turnover and promote employee growth
• Responsible for the oversight of the business unit's payroll administration, policies and procedures
• Provide general information and guidance on the business unit's policies, procedures and programs including vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement etc.
• Minimize legal impact to the company by facilitating the performance and discipline improvement plans and the termination processes
• Facilitate the annual Performance Appraisal evaluation process
• Oversee the business unit's Drug, Alcohol and Contraband policy and program administration
• Oversee the business unit's policies and procedures regarding DOT and Non DOT regulated drivers
• Administration and management of employee LOA, FMLA, Worker's Comp claims
• Support the company's health and safety initiatives
• Facilitate immigration requirements for inter-company transfers and temporary work assignments
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field of study
• 5+ years of HR Generalist experience
• 2+ years of management or supervisory experience
• PHR designation is considered an asset
• Previous drilling or drilling service industry experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence and interact effectively with diverse and conflicting internal and external priorities
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Detail oriented with a structured approach to process and documentation
• Foster and maintain a professional attitude and teamwork concept among all staff within all areas of the organization
• Ability to empathize and provide non-judgmental feedback
• Good reporting methods and data management
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.