Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Electrical Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in one of our UK onshore/offshore locations for a duration of 6-9 months.
You will join the Electrical Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities. Engineering personnel are involved in the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design personnel are generally involved in layout and 3d modelling of electrical equipment and cable management systems, draughting and calculation of lighting, material quantities and weights. - Support to the GTG Levelling modifications that are currently being developed. The majority of Offshore Queries have the requirement for several design deliverables. Currently, the focus of the engineers is diverted from the engineering /materials activities associated with the queries, to perform the design/draughting checking activities associated with designer type issues, eg. construction / fabrication drawings. The Principal designer would be responsible for leading the designers and for checking and supervision of all design deliverables associated with the queries and ensure an expedient turn-around. This will enable the discipline engineers to focus solely on the engineering /co-ordination of the Queries.
- Ensure draughting work is completed within the allocated hours and in accordance with the programme.
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, etc.
- Supervision of draughting personnel and allocation of work.
- Implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project Policies and Procedures.
- Checking draughting content of drawings prepared by others.
- Undertake tasks on behalf of Senior Personnel as directed.
Required qualifications / certification:
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Experienced senior designer with sound technical background and in depth knowledge of CAD draughting techniques.
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function.
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons.
- Able to liaise with project/lead engineers at all levels.
- Conversant with company and client draughting standards and specifications.
- Capable of generating co-operative team based culture for groups under his/her control.
- Able to take a lead in training and ongoing education of subordinates.