Skills: Operations Management, Materials Management
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are looking for a Material Controller to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Peterhead for a duration of 3-6 months.
Working as part of the material management team responsible for all project material control activities to support execution of project schedules. This shall include ensuring databases are updated; materials are receipted, bagged, tagged and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSE and any legislative requirements. Co-ordination of Warehouse, Shipping and Logistics activities. Inventory management and reconciliation
- Working as part of the material management team responsible for project material control activities to support execution of project schedules.
- Transparent and ethical co-ordination of Home office, Warehouse, Shipping and Logistics material management activities in accordance with material management plan, trade compliance plan and associated procedures and work instructions.
- Efficient and effective control of all materials to suit project requirements, from demand identification to final issue/consumption/disposal of goods.
- Management of all materials in accordance with relevant Company policies, procedures and project schedules.
- Work in accordance with project material management and trade compliance plan
- Work with material demand streams to ensure commodity coding process is compliant with business requirements
- Ensure materials database is fully updated
- Use established material management tools and systems to provide material status at job card and work pack level
- Ensure non job carded materials and plant are tracked to ensure demand streams have required visibility of status
- Processing of site material and plant and equipment requests from 'cradle to grave', interfacing with the wider SCM team
- Work with Expediting function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery including issue of Material Movement Tickets (MMT's)
- Manage goods receipt process, liaison with QA/QC Inspection as defined to secure specified release steps if applicable
- Investigate and resolve any overage, shortage and damage (OS&D) in accordance with specified procedure
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly
- Ensure all materials are labeled in accordance with the defined project standard level of detail
- Issue of pick lists to warehouse personnel
- Coordination of ongoing inventory cycle counting process, ensuring any discrepancies are identified, investigated and formally closed out in accordance with project material management plan
- Coordination of bagging, tagging and containerisation of all materials listed on pick list in accordance with project schedule to requirements specified in the project material management plan
- Create accurate manifests for onward shipment in accordance with project material management plan and trade compliance plan requirements
- Economical and compliant coordination of inbound and outbound logistics movements in accordance with project requirements
- Control and re-distribution of back loaded materials in accordance with project material management plan and trade compliance plan requirements
- Coordination of material disposal process in accordance with project material management plan and trade compliance plan requirements
- Represent the SCM team in meetings and calls to present material status
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team
- SVQ/Standard grade education or equivalent
- Demonstrable relevant experience and exposure
- Knowledge and application of Materials Management Systems
- Good working product knowledge of typical oil and gas brownfield materials (piping, E&I, structural)
- IT Literate (Excel/Word etc)
- Dangerous Goods by Land, Air and Sea
- VHF Short Range Radio
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt at warehouse through to distribution to required site location
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for onshore and offshore materials management
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules
- Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Ability to identify oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Experience in the handling, storing and preservation of oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Demonstrate good excel spreadsheet data manipulation skills
- Good knowledge of materials management systems, e.g. PaMMS, SAP, MAXIMO, CONVERO, etc.