Skills: Captain / Master, Port Operations
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Industrial Cities (VI) / MIC (IM/M) / IP(M)
Primary Purpose of Job
Direct & supervise VTS operations during an allocated watch period in order to ensure safe & effective vessel traffic management within the assigned VTS Area, by adhering to the VTS main roles of giving vessels expert advice, information and instruction as per International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) guidelines and port regulations, often through processes that may be complex and require quick solutions while under pressure.
• Class 2 Master Mariner Foreign Going STCW 2010 II/2 certificate of competency OR• Class 3 Deck officer Foreign Going STCW 2010 II/1 certificate of competency with 10 year VTS Operator experience in similar Port layout.
• Should hold Global Marine Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) Certificate and Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA) or Radar Observer Certificate
.• IALA V-103/2 VTS Supervisor certificate.
Experience & Skills
• Completion of Level VI English proficiency course.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Good communication skills and telephone etiquette.
• Computer literacy - MS Office
• Knowledge of international regulations for the prevention of collision at sea.
• Knowledge of the legal liabilities of a VTS centre
• Detailed and updated knowledge of operational rules and procedures for a VTS
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.