Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Fabrication, Workshop
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Drilling & Completions (Well Services - Offshore) Based Ras Laffan, Qatar.
SR. WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR
Primary Purpose of Job
Supervise technicians and execute the day-to-day operations of the Well Services Workshop in Ras Laffan. The scope of activity includes: the preparation and pressure testing of the completion assemblies and X-mas trees, the calibration of various types of the gauges and gas lift valves; preparation and maintenance of wireline equipment; initiation of call-off orders and material issue vouchers for equipment and spares and arrange for logistic support for the offshore operations.
1. Execute workshop activities in accordance with the QP safety standards to ensure all equipment is available and fit for purpose for offshore operations.
2. Supervise and support the work of four General Technicians who are tasked with the maintenance, and testing of specialized Well Services equipment, X-mas trees, and downhole completion components and pay particular attention to the precautions required for high pressure testing and the rigorous compliance with the QP Lifting Regulations to ensure safe and efficient workshop operations.
3. Plan and manage the preparation and testing of completion sub-assemblies and X-mas trees, including the calibration of downhole pressure/temperature survey instruments, and the calibration of gaslift valves under controlled temperature conditions as well as other repair and maintenance tasks to ensure that equipment is tested and ready for use offshore when required.
4. Manage the quality assurance of wireline surface pressure control equipment rated from 5K to 10K psi as well as safety shut down panels, pumps, wireline winches, power packs etc. by way of scheduled maintenance schedules, pressure testing and non-destructive testing to ensure that all equipment will satisfy operational requirements.
5. Supervise the redressing of downhole safety valves and the subsequent performance testing and certification to ensure the reliability of these critical safety valves when installed in offshore wells.
6. Manage the movement of movable assets such as: wireline tools, wireline winches and power packs, downhole gauges, pressure control equipment, drilling tool services tools, pumps, circulating heads, and tool cabins between the Well Services workshop and offshore work sites to ensure the proper control of QP equipment assigned to the workshop.
7. Supervise the preparation of call-off "Release Orders" for various well completion equipment, X-mas trees and redressing spares for wireline tools/equipment and thereafter receive test and inspect such equipment to ensure that equipment is ordered and available to meet the offshore drilling and intervention programme.
8. Participate in the development and training of Qatari and non Qatari employees assigned to the workshop to ensure staff development objectives are achieved.
9. Manage Quality and HSE issues in the Workshop including the immediate reporting of any HSE or near miss incidents to ensure that the workshop activities are performed efficiently and safely.
10. Contribute to the objective of "continuous performance improvement" in all workshop activities by reporting and analysing performance against key performance indicators and taking remedial action whenever required to improve performance.
• Minimum of a Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing.
Experience & Skills
• 15 years experience in workshop and well services practices related to well completion and wireline operations.
• Knowledge of TENDERING and CONTRACTING procedures and practices.
• Fluent in spoken English and excellent writing skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.