Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dukhan, ??????, Al Rayyan, ?? ????, ?? ?a???, ??????, ?? ?, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Competent in the handling of multiple fluid types and the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment for routine laboratory tests within a specific analysis category. Documents test results according to prescribed manner. Maintains equipment as per requirements detailed by Company
- Awareness of relevant Company Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and perform duties in accordance with these requirements
- Perform processes according to documented procedures or work instructions in accordance with approved QA Procedures
- Able to understand and apply analysis and technical standards according ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), UOP (Universal Oil Products), IP (Energy Institute) and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean and tidy manner including safe storage and disposal of samples
- Fully complete all worksheets, data forms, records and administrative forms legibly and to distribute or file these in the appropriate location
- Interpretation of client requirements and consultation with superiors in order to achieve delivery of final product within agreed time frame
- Competent in 50% of disciplines within assigned analysis category (analysis categories: Chemistry, PVT, Gas Chromatography, Flow Assurance or Enhanced Oil Recovery) which must include equipment maintenance and software use
- Attend and participate in departmental and safety meetings
- May assist in training less experienced levels
- Minimum Bachelor degree or
- Minimum 12 months experience as Laboratory Technician II
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to use (general) computer software such as MS Office and Visual Basic
- Ability to use laboratory computer software (e.g. LIMS, LabView)
For certain locations only: Actively pursue quality improvements, measurement and the objectives of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.