Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Data Scientist located in Bakersfield , CA California / United States through May 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400806
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and framing opportunities to apply advanced analytics, modeling, and related technologies to data in order to help Chevron businesses gain insight and improve decision making, work flow, and automation. Understanding value of proposed opportunity.
- Identifying data necessary and appropriate technology to solve business challenges identified.
- Articulate a vision and roadmap for the exploitation of data as a valued corporate asset.
- Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Use advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data.
- Visualize data in a meaningful way that allows the business to quickly draw conclusions and make decisions.
- Cleaning data, developing models, and testing models.
- Establishing the life cycle management process for models.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or other closely related field
- 5+ years of experience in applying advanced analytics techniques
- 3+ years working experience in advanced analytics technologies (data science, operations research, statistics, data mining);
- Experience in implementing advance analytics projects; working knowledge of Hadoop and tools in its ecosystem; Proficiency in Python, R and SQL.
- Teradata experience preferred.
- Ability to engage business and technical experts at all organizational levels and assess opportunities to apply data science analytics to improve their workflows and deliver information and insight to support business decisions.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner both orally and in writing. Listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views, concerns, and comments of others.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
Relocation will be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.