Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Binhai Xinqu, Tianjin Shi, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Buyer, Operations team located in Binhai Office , Tianjin /China ,
1. Manage raw materials (Base oil, Additive) replenishment, Inventory control and logistics:
- Review demand with Supply Planner to ensure that base oil and raw materials replenishment are met in a timely manner to meet customer's expectations.
- Close coordination with Production Scheduler to ensure no disruption to production schedule.
- Update supplier monthly FCST for Yubase, check monthly MRP and execute/monitor PO.
- Confirm raw materials supply status for weekly production plan, make replenishment weekly and issue weekly delivery arrangment for Yubase/MEG and daily delivery arrangment for additive.
- Monitor base oil nomination, shipping schedule, coordinate with related team on base oil receiptioin.
- Old and slow additives are managed in the most cost effective way.additive handling.
- Coordinates the supply and logistics operations in terms of timing, delivery and storage for these products. Ensure shipping and other documentations are properly recorded and filed as per SAP requirements.
- Ensure that all procurement transactions are full transparency, traceable and in compliance with procedures and policies.
2. Data Management:
- Preparation import documents related, preparation of P/O and payments for base oil, additives, in SAP, provided required finance report, demurrange and bill confirmation for delivery agency.
3. Regularly review with planner on system parameter of raw materials focusing on purchasing lead-time, lot size, supply source to keep more accurate setup in system.
4. Supplier managmange, KPI tracking and monitor for some supplier.
5. Key task owner for MPM/MOC for products change, change owner for raw materials supply change, VAL extend vendor if required.
6. Coordination with Downstream Procurement Team to develop a requisition that includes a proper description, quantity, and required delivery date.
7. other tasks assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor degree or above is necessary.
• 3 years work experience with buyer or supply chain related is necessary.
• Experience in SAP/Ariba is ecessary.
• Proficient in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word is necessary.
• Understand and application SOX and compliance is necessary.
• Understand and application on OE/Quality/Lean process, including MOC/MPM/supplier management system/IATF16949 system will be preferable.
• Understand the basic financial knowledge and skill will be preferable.
• Understand the purchasing sourcing/planning/scheduling process will be preferable.
• Strong communication and collaboration skill.
• Team player, able to prioritize and manage multi tasks.
• Maintain and develop sound relationship with cross function team.
• Sound problem solving skills that can handle complexities within deadlines.
• Good command of both oral and written English.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.