The Quality Manager Position is a key member of the Congo Lubricants Plant Leadership Team. In this capacity the position is responsible for ensuring the Congo Plant receives and distributes high quality products through the establishment of a strong quality culture and assurance to E2E quality systems/processes for the site. This position has managerial responsibilities for the Lab Supervisor who leads the hourly Lab Technicians.
- Leads the Quality Team and monthly Quality meeting.
- Lead the preparations for and the presentation of the site for the Quality Review with the PIM.
- Complete LQS timely reviews and updates.
- Act as the management representative for all ISO Systems, certifications and Quality Audits
- Development and Enforcement of ISO procedures and Plant Work Instructions.
- Act as site first point of contact and coordinator for response for Quality incidents (Customer impacts, internal incidents)
- Review quality incidents to assure they are properly recorded and being addressed in QIT.
- Once in QIT, will monitor the system to assure timely response and updates QMAP.
- Lead activities to assure the timely closure of QIT RCA and Quality Audit action items.
- The Quality Manager will lead the People processes for the Lab, from the attendance management through the vacation scheduling and timely LSC Coaching for his staff.
- Management of the Lab Supervisor and Lab Technicians
- Lead Continuous Improvement actions for the Lab, conducting RCA and CA activities Ex: when the LLCS sample results are less than target and identifying performance improvement opportunities for his staff. Reports the LLCS sample results quarterly in SampleManager.
- Assist the Lab Supervisor when needed in the review and analyze data results, perform inspections, and provide training to operate the equipment.
- Assure instrument calibrations are completed timely and LGAME updated accordingly.
- Assure all policies are adhered to within the lab staff, including the local CBA, Federal, State and Local HSSE Regulations.
- Ensuring all hand blends are completed as required.
- Support the Blending Department to ensure the use of proper techniques and sampling methodologies that yield a high, Right First Time (RFT) blend percentage and ensure zero releases of non-conforming products.
- Lead BOM optimization and compliance efforts
- Serve as the subject matter expert on cross-contamination and product compatibility. Lead or participate in 5-Why investigations.
- Oversee the inbound material inspection and testing process to ensure raw material receipts of acceptable quality.
- Responsible for compliance with all Laboratory chemical storage and disposal requirements.
- Act as back up for the Lab Supervisor during absences.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related is required.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of products and SAP
- A strong commitment to applying Health, Safety, Security and Environmental rules and regulations into all aspects of job performance
- Strong supervisory skills over a represented work force
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, task-oriented person who works effectively under pressure and can manage a heavy workload within an expected, 40-hour work week.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.