Skills: HR - General
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for the development and delivery of the Company's leadership and organizational development programs to support the Company's business strategies. Extensive international travel is required. Demonstrates competence in the Human Resources body of knowledge, as well as advanced project management skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing and delivering leadership development programs. Utilizes the Core Lab leadership competency model, performance management data, and succession planning data to ensure identified needs are being met.
- Responsible for communicating with the OD Manager and Human Resources Generalists to capture development data to support defining appropriate development needs. Supports the OD Manager and Human Resource Generalists to monitor the organization's development progress.
- Provides consultation to the OD Manager and Human Resource Generalists on leadership development opportunities.
- Utilizes instructional design and adult learning principles to develop and implement a variety of learning programs; ensuring alignment with competency models and organizational goals and leveraging technology to broaden the blended learning experience.
- Assesses and monitors outcomes of programs, providing follow-up to ensure desired goals are met.
- Advises the Business Unit leadership, OD Manager and Human Resource Generalists of feedback from development engagements (training classes, mentoring, coaching sessions, etc.) related to succession planning. Supports the identification of skill sets/competencies that the employee does not yet possess, which are required for the next targeted position. Facilitates the delivery of developmental initiatives through programs delivered either internally or externally.
- Responsible for consulting with the Human Resources Generalists in order to provide guidance on organizational development, succession planning and performance management.
- Develops and delivers training initiatives. Links training needs to programs available either internally or externally. Keeps abreast of external resources and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers data analyses for learning development, succession planning, training programs and performance initiatives.
- Responsible for working with IT to provide technology support for Leadership Development strategic initiatives.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements and innovative solutions to support achievement of goals and outcomes.
- Effectively utilizes project management skills in managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the Human Resources body of knowledge with an emphasis in the areas of performance management, leadership development and training, training evaluation, change management, succession planning, talent management.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills required. Demonstrates innovation and creativity in the development of communications, presentations, and systems to support strategic initiatives.
- Skilled in organizational assessment, leadership development, project management, training materials development and delivery.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required (listening, coaching, facilitating, conflict management).
- Strong customer service, consultative and negotiation skills; effectively work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skill in assessing the impact of development initiatives.
- Ability to successfully multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- High level proficiency in MS Office and HRIS system required; Oracle experience and SharePoint knowledge a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Behavior/Development, Training & Development or related field required.
- Seven plus years of experience in leadership/organizational development in a corporate environment (some multinational experience preferred); skilled in adjusting programs and communications to fit cultural norms.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including foreign currencies, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analyses.
A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies in order to put the elements of problems into proper perspective. Seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- CIPD, or equivalent, preferred
- Must have a valid and current passport
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 5KG and occasionally lift and/or move up to 11KG. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position resides within a normal office working environment. International travel will be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals in some work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.