Instrument & Electrical Technician BASIC FUNCTION
Provide Instrument and Electrical support for the continuous manufacture of quality high density polyethylene (HDPE) and specialty fluids (HDA), consistent with high standards of quality, safety, housekeeping and good employee relations. Provide support to two manufacturing facilities: HDPE, HDA. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand, support, and comply with all plant safety policies and procedures, including Lock-Out / Tag-Out (LOTO) and all electrical safety procedures, and industry codes/standards.
- Position is located in a chemical processing facility and requires overtime to meet plant needs, including alternative shifts as needed to meet facility needs.
- Position requires on-call duties, and the successful candidate must be able to respond 24/7, 100% of the time to plant emergencies on short notice, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Complete all assigned training by deadline.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by offering suggestions for long-term solutions to minimize costs, improve reliability, and improve loss control performance.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and provide preventative maintenance on plant instrumentation and electrical equipment (may include, but is not limited to, process transmitters, control valves, lighting, electrical wiring, electrical switchgear, motors, analyzers, HVAC, DCS, PLC, and other types of controls).
- Keep thorough notes and records of work preformed
- Read and interpret equipment schematics, plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, process piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Assist with design and implementation/construction of various small projects.
- Bend and route tubing and rigid conduit
- Major Challenges: Ability to troubleshoot and repair variety of instrumentation and equipment is key to success. This requires the application of I&E fundamentals and utilization of equipment files and expertise of others.
- Workflow: Workflow is varied and often requires urgent resolution.
- Decision Making Authority: Ability to make decisions is critical, even if the decision is the recognition that help from others is required. It is the responsibility of every Baystar employee to exercise their Stop Work Authority as needed.
- Contacts: Ability to communicate to Operations is critical. Employee must be able to work well with others in the I&E group, Maintenance, and Operations. Employee also works with outside contractors and vendors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required; advanced training in field preferred
- Requires a minimum of five years' experience in electrical and instrumentation field work.
- NCCER certification is required, but may be waived in lieu of 10 years or greater in a refinery/petrochemical facility.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft) required
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC, Variable Speed Drives, and Honeywell DCS is preferred.
- Refrigerant license and/or NFPA 70E Arc Flash Training is preferred.
- Candidate will be required to successfully complete a bench test as part of the hiring process.
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete extensive testing, drug/alcohol screen, physical requirement evaluation and an extended training period.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.