Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting a Principal Structural Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6-9 months.
You will join the Civil, Structural, Architectural and Weight Control Department (CSAW) which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments it involves sub-sea and topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and architectural engineering. Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit assets when necessary.
- Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties.
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduates as required
Required qualifications / certification:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Experience in working with concrete.
- Highly experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Experienced in working with other disciplines and sections to meet delivery dates.
- Competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a small/medium sized single discipline team within a project.