Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Aker Solutions' Supply Chain based in Aberdeen, need an experienced Machining Buyer who can strengthen our team within the Subsea market. This is a 1 year contract to cover maternity leave.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Demonstrate compliant use of the Aker Solutions QSL and the associated tools
- Demonstrate alignment to Aker Solutions category sourcing strategy
- Prepare request for quotations (RFQ's) in accordance with company procedures
- Effectively negotiate with Suppliers to achieve the best commercial position for Aker Solutions
- Identify and report cost savings, as directed
- Generate Purchase Orders in response to MRP generated Purchase Requisitions / My Buy Shopping Carts in an efficient manner, with due regard for total acquisition cost, lead time, quality, continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Establish and maintain a process for regular, effective and efficient Purchase Order follow-up / expediting
- Proactively manage all open Purchase Orders through to close-out, and ensure any changes are updated in the MRP system in a timely and compliant manner
- Action and close quality notifications (VQN's / Supplier Requests) in a timely manner, and in accordance with set targets. Expedite internally to ensure timely action by stakeholders
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Business Degree/CIPS Qualified or HNC/HND with relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of Incoterms and shipping processes
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Awareness of key aspects of supplier performance
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relations and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Contractual awareness - Terms and Condition of Purchase/Sale
NES is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.