Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 6 months.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides operational support for all process and utility mechanical equipment for offshore Oil & Gas facilities on Fixed Facilities and Floating Storage and Offloading vessel . The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also HVAC. Engineering positions involve the resolution of technical faults and defects as well as organising planned maintenance activities including equipment vendor arrangements. High uptimes of the mechanical equipment are critical to maintaining production volumes. This position provides a comprehensive discipline support service to the assets to ensure that there is greater onshore focus to achieve reliability.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised at the Commissioning phase through to operational phase including start up and execution.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedure
- Approval, checking and preparation of engineering documentation
- Provide discipline support and guidance across the onshore and offshore operations team
- Develop solutions for operational problems within the existing design envelope
- Implementation of best practice & business standardisation across the assets for all mechanical systems
- Support an environment of continuous improvement in the quality and accuracy of maintenance routines
- Liaise with asset planner in planning, preparing, scheduling and prioritizing maintenance activities under area of responsibility ensuring the required level of equipment integrity, reliability and safety
- Provide Manager with regular reports on performance and results, and to be held accountable for area of responsibility
- Ensure vendor personnel are pre-job briefed onshore, informed about offshore contact persons and informed about relevant HSE issues including relevant Offshore Safety Procedures (OSPs) before offshore mobilization
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Experience in company CMMS tools, ideally SAP.
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
- Highly experienced in quality control/safety/environmental methods and quality assurance/safety/environmental procedures for engineering
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
- Experienced/competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium/large sized single discipline team within a project
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.