Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Service Technician for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
To provide maintenance and servicing of rental and Company equipment in accordance with company procedures and in conjunction with the industry standards, quality and safety management systems and to provide quality safety critical equipment fit for purpose.
- To maintain and service equipment in the workshop environment. To ensure all processes are carried out in accordance with Company quality and Safety Management Systems to a level of competency set by the company and in a timely manner
- To ensure all hand tools, plant and machinery used in the workshop and offshore are well maintained and are in safe condition. To conduct routine maintenance checks on machinery and plant to ensure all workshop or installation safety practices are adhered to.
- To utilise work order/job card systems for post rental and post repair servicing and inspection in conjunction with work instructions and check lists. To conduct receipt of equipment and complete necessary paperwork to ensure efficient data checking. To be compliant with pre-rental preparation of equipment in conjunction with Customer Order Input Document or Material Request Form.
- To ensure timely completion of off rental equipment servicing in conjunction with operational requirements.
- To conducts pressure testing in conjunction with Company written scheme of verification, provided you are deemed capable of conducting testing. To ensure tests are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and all safety practices are adhered to. To participate in toolbox safety, and risk assessment discussion groups.
- To ensure work order/job cards are signed off and submitted to workshop manager in a timely manner, to allow correct efficient progress monitoring to meet operational requirements. (workshop). To ensure Permit to work systems are diligently followed up and implemented. (offshore).
- To load and off load transportation in safe and diligent manner. Additionally to ensure good housekeeping is maintained within workshop and yard area, and on customers work site offshore, onshore and other customer locations.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Banksman / slinging Quality induction safety induction certificates
- Hydraulic torque equipment proficiency certificate
- IWCF Well Intervention or similar well control certificate
- Holder of forklift certificate
- Experience & Competence
- Workshop servicing experience in MPD/UBD and Secure Drilling equipment
- Experience in servicing, installation and inspection of well control equipment offshore / overseas environment
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of MPD/UBD and Secure Drilling equipment
- Time served fitter/mechanic with additional oilfield experience within a similar equipment
- Personal Qualities
- Literate and numerate.
- Must be team player and pro-active in their approach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a workshop environment.
- Solution orientated and fully conversant with all aspects of equipment.