Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Senior Contracts Analyst position is a key development assignment that should lead to further responsibilities and autonomy within the Contracts Function. He/She reports to the Geomarket, EMS, Segment or Global Categories Contracts Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Depending on assignment:
- Reviews, proposes revisions, negotiates and drafts Supplier Contracts whenever necessary.
- Supports the Contracts Manager or in the drafting and development of Supplier agreements under the supervision of the Contracts Manager.
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts (when and where necessary) Client Contracts.
- Assists the Contract Manager in the tender evaluation, assessment and response process to ensure that ALL Contract-related terms and conditions (whether legal or commercial) are properly addressed.
- Assists the Contract Manager to ensure that a Contract Owner is assigned to each Client Contract.
- Completes a Contracts Rating Sheet for each Contract reviewed and ensures these are electronically filed in CRM.
- Drafts and communicates exceptions to tender documents and RFQs under the supervision of the Contracts Manager.
- Monitors Purchase Orders to ensure compliance with Schlumberger policies and highlights and reports deviations to the Client Contracts Risk Standard.
- Administers Contracts and ensures compliance with administrative procedures.
- Complies and promotes compliance with relevant Contracts procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Schlumberger policies, standards, procedures, and Contractual obligations.
- Manages and administers contract-related records in the relevant Contracts database such as ASL or CRM.
- Proposes and drafts improvements to existing contract management procedures.
- Assists the Contracts Manager when required.
- Generates contracts-related reports and reviews on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Maintains the Contracts and tender files.
- Participates in presentations and workshops on Schlumberger Client Contracts Risk Standard when requested.
- Collaborates with the Legal Department in the performance of Operations Assurance Reviews when requested.
- Along with the Contract Owner and Contract Manager, actively participates in all aspects of Post Award Contract Management including (but not limited to) Post Award Contract Reviews (PACR), Mid Term Contract Reviews (MTCR) & CCMS Self-Assessments including follow up of action items of RWPs (in Quest or otherwise).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Law, Finance, Contracts Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent discipline.
- Paralegal training or certification, as appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years work experience ideally in the Oil & Gas industry, including at least 1-year experience in the Contracts, Marketing or Legal Departments and Law Firms.
- High level of collaboration with others.
- Good communication skill, both oral and written.
- Must have strong ethics in dealings with sensitive information.
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behaviour.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.