Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
General Ledger and Sub ledger expert, with strong accounting background, knowledge of US GAAP and other guiding principles and processes. Must be able to work independently with little supervision, be able to provide guidance to other accounting staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close, including expense accruals, amortizations, cost allocations, and any others that may be required.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations for various legal entities and provide explanation of any unusual balances.
- Assist with internal & external audits by preparing and explaining the fluctuations for significant accounts between periods. This also includes the preparation of other audit schedules for designated balances sheet accounts, as requested by the external auditors.
- Prepare monthly intercompany invoices and review and analyze IC transactions to ensure they are properly accounted for.
- Review and prepare allocations for corporate charges, including corporate insurance, royalties etc.
- Support the Accounting Manager and the US SSC Controller, in the review of the month end income statements of domestic operational units to verify accuracy and completeness of the accounting transactions.
- Communicate and coordinate with Operations and G&A departments on the submission of the accounting data needed to complete the month end journal entries for domestic and international locations.
- Provide operational units with explanations on monthly expense variances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in accounting from four-year college/university, minimum of 5 years general ledger accounting experience, Oracle or other integrated accounting software experience preferred. Strong knowledge of MS office with advance MS Excel skills required.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose routine correspondence with attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPA or CPA candidate preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate by telephone, effectively manipulate documents, effectively prepare documents, and move throughout the office.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.