Skills: Field Service Tech, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ballard, Utah, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Troubleshoots and repair a variety of reciprocating pumps, rod pump, hydraulic, jet/downhole and or triplex centrifugal pumps.
- Responds to customer calls regarding technical questions, request for parts and equipment.
- Maintains and installs component parts of surface equipment, hydraulic lifts and rod pumps.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and maintenance.
- Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs for customers.
- Perform customer safety training for current or prospective customers.
- Maintains ongoing communication with other team members, including but not limited to other Pump Technicians, Service Coordinator, Sales and Management staff.
- Reviews quotes, installation and repair plans to ensure a thorough understanding of customer needs and the parts and process required to address the need.
- As needed, explains installation, service or repair plans, and invoices to customers; discusses cost or time overruns with team leader or manager.
- Executes installations, repair, or service plans and documents results.
- Creates product failure analysis reports.
- Develops good working relationships with customers through professional communication.
- Knows and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains shop in a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- Two year technical degree or equivalent education or equivalent education and/or experience. Valid driver's license in state of residence required.
- Up to two years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Two or more years of experience working as a pump mechanic.
- Working knowledge of multi-surface equipment or downhole rod pumps.
- Schedule will include on-call rotations; including after hours and weekend work.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs regularly, and 50 lbs occasionally.
- Work may require visits to customer field locations in a variety of weather and temperature conditions.
We offer the oil & gas industry tomorrow’s technology, today. We’re a team of constant questioners and tireless innovators, empowered by a comprehensive portfolio of standard-setting wellsite technology. We get up every morning driven to fuel our partners in the field and better the world we all live in. Life runs on energy – let’s unlock it together.