Projects and Technology (P&T) is the technical powerhouse supporting the Shell Group to become the most innovative and competitive Energy company in the world.
P&T Projects Argentina is accountable for project delivery of individual large projects (Early Production Facilities - Pipeline - Well Path Facilities) and small project and also looks after the effectiveness of site-managed project systems across the portfolio including managing small projects construction.
Quality Engineering is identified as a key lever to delivering process safety to our assets and an enabler to meeting our project promises.
Reporting to the QA/QC Lead - Argentina will be a champion of the culture of quality and will be responsible for implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) to drive value and improvement.
Follow the implemented and improve the specific Asset Quality Plan (AQP) based on
• Shell P&T quality processes
• Asset Project Leadership Team requirements
• Customer requirements
• Quality risks and assures that quality risks are managed and understood by leadership team.Purpose
Utilizing the principles of risk management assure the quality performance of project management team, engineering firms, suppliers, vendors and construction contractors team(s).
Responsible for training and communication of the AQP within the team.
Implement closed-loop learning within individual projects and from project to project that reduces process safety exposure, reduces costs and schedule in project execution.
Responsible to assure Quality Assurance requirements are met for the small projects across all engineering disciplines and project phases.
Understand PTE/Q processes and develop fit-for-purpose implementation plans consistent with other Unconventional Assets (USA/Canada). Accountabilities
- Facilitate and/or support Equipment Criticality Assessment.
- Work with Project Delivery and C&P on contractor qualification and selection.
- Track and report Project Quality Assurance KPI's that drive improvement.
- Support development of a Project Controls Assurance Plan(s) as appropriate.
- Implement QIRMS to track non-compliance reports (NCR's) and observations within your asset, assure agreed Corrective and Preventative Actions are performed.
- Perform quality control on NCR's and observations (is the required data captured and agreed by leadership team).
- Conduct quality incident investigations as required, utilizing principals of RCA's.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives (focused quality improvement plans).
- Contribute to Project Engineering Kick-off, Pre-fabrication and Construction meetings to ensure Quality requirements are understood.
- Integrate fit-for-purpose Flawless Project Delivery implementation and monitoring in conjunction with Operations Readiness.
- In conjunction with Discipline Eng. and TA's review QA Manuals for EPC's/Fabricators/Constructors to ensure they meet code and jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to provide Quality Control requirement training to 3rd party inspectors and Contract Quality Control personnel.
- Assure quality documentation is completed as required.
- Conduct QA audits of EPCMs, suppliers and service providers for compliance to project specific PO's.
- Engage in regular communication/review updates with the Shell Construction and Contractor site management
- Conduct Management Review with the LT on an annual basis.
- Knowledge in Process Safety and HEMP processes an asset.
- Able to investigate quality incidents in a timely fashion to determine credible root causes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Experience with contractors involved in the design and construction of production facilities is an asset.
- Experience in functional support is an asset
- Project or fabrication experience is an asset.
- Engineering degree desired.