• Jobs at this level are responsible for creating an atmosphere conducive to achieving effective management and co-ordination of commissioning activities directed towards the development of commissioning preparation and effective project commissioning management.
• Act as a functional head of Commissioning with overall responsibility for commercial and technical performance, ensuring quality standards and application of established procedures.
• Develop and seeks approval for annual manpower and resources budget, and monitors performance to ensure activities are appropriately supported and within approved levels.
• Develop and gains approval for Quality Management procedures to guide and direct the achievement of Commissioning objectives.
• Coordinate tender inputs and approve manpower estimates developed by subordinate engineers.
• Prepare and delivers presentations to clients, apprising them of any particular features, clarifying issues and resolving queries.
• Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting commissioning problems at early stages
• Investigate the possibility of introducing new or improved methods of electronic automation of Commissioning functions, ensuring compatibility with existing systems.
• Recruit, motivate and develop staff to ensure the function is staffed with individuals of the required calibre and that adequate succession planning and provision for future demand exists. Carries out staff appraisals.
• Compliance with HSE Standard.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
• B.Sc. in Engineering
• 15 years of experience within the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years in the Management of Commissioning and Start-up.
• Proven supervisory track record with strong management potential.
• Organisational awareness.
• Well-developed planning and organising skills.
• Influencing skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Highly motivated.
• In-depth knowledge of all Commissioning disciplines.
• Knowledge of commissioning software.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Good Communication skills.