Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Looking for a Part-qualified/Chartered Accountant for the role of Financial Accountant. The Financial Accountant shall be responsible for:
- Preparing the monthly financial reports which mainly comprise of;
A Profit & Loss Statement
A breakdown of the P&L Statement by general ledger account and cost centre
Statement of Cash Flows
Statement of Changes in Equity.
- Reviewing the month end closing position to ensure it is aligned with accounting processes and policies before the management accounts are created and published.
- Posting journals in relation to intercompany, bank loans, tax, interest, foreign exchange and other income.
- Recording and reviewing the fixed asset schedule and monthly preparation of a fixed asset note.
- Updating the chart of accounts and project codes/cost centres in the system as required.
- Preparation of certain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring the full balance sheet reconciliation is submitted per the agreed monthly timetable.
- Review of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations with the Finance Manager and taking actions where required to clear down aged items.
- Preparing the draft annual and bi-annual financial statements for various legal entities including working schedules where required.
- Acting as a focal point to address any auditor queries.
- Driving change within the department with a focus on cost saving initiatives.
- Assessing and suggesting opportunities to increase our In-Country Value Adding schemes.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required by the Finance Department.
Required Competencies (skills, experience, knowledge)
· Minimum 5 years of financial accounting experience in a multinational company.
· Sound understanding of IFRS reporting and is up-to-date with recent changes to the standards.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in Sage is desirable, however knowledge of working with another ERP system is advantageous.
· Must be analytical, diligent, possess good time management skills and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
· Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
· Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.