Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Sales Engineer reports directly to the Sales Lead of his/her assigned region. He/She works very closely with the operations teams of their location as well.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivers on sales targets.
- Listens for opportunities for their and other Product Lines. Listens for market and competitive intelligence. Informs Schlumberger via management and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Develops new business by finding opportunities in new technology and services and maintains existing business.
- Establishes lasting, professional relationships with customer contacts. Meets regularly with customers, and is intimately familiar with their business plans.
- Understands customer's local environment and identifies new technical applications suited to their needs.
- Ensures that problems arising from sales are responded to and appropriately managed.
- Maintains integrity in all words and actions ensuring ethics, quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) are evident and a key differentiator.
- Actively updates account and sales management regarding changes to customer accounts.
- Coordinates scheduling with the service delivery organization as required.
- Uses the sales systems and processes to document and communicate opportunities, market and competitive intelligence, customer information including: contacts, visit reports, etc.
- Clearly understands customer drivers and how they translate into sales leads
- Profit and customer service driven
- Understands competition's offering, pricing tactics and sales strategies
- Understands markets where customers operate
- Able to build lasting and professional customer relationships
- Good communicator and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of Product Line's technology and services
- Understands sales pipeline and opportunity management
- Effectively uses Sales Business Systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education - Degree / High School Diploma or equivalent / Advanced degree a plus
- Experience -3+ years' Artificial Lift Sales / Account management selling ESP and HPS services
- Knowledge - Strong technical knowledge of ESP and/or HPS
- Sales & Leadership Skills - Candidates that have led technical, sales teams, with Major Operators (ESP and/or HPS) in Texas is desired. Customer relation skills and sales ability at various levels of the organization (Field Level to Executive Management) is essential. Technical communication skills (written and verbal) is desired. Leadership driving Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews that identify solution-driven value is required.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.