Skills: Accounting, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Senior Cost Accountant.
Candidate will be exposed to financial aspects related to manufacturing and after-market repairs and parts sales of drilling equipment. The Senior Cost Accountant Activities are related to product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation and he or she will provide recommendation to manufacturing managers and will be the primary point of contact between the Operations and the Canrig Houston finance department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
i. Financial Statements- Monthly and Quarterly
• Involved with daily review of production/work orders to ensure material, labor and overhead transactions are processed timely and accurately. Ability to track production orders from inception to completion and direct interaction with manufacturing managers to resolve work order issues.
• Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
• Conducts monthly analysis to determine accurate cost of products i.e. parts and materials, labor, absorption rate, proper completion of bill of materials ("BOMs"), costing, etc.
• Analyzes material, labor, service and overhead variances.
• Responsible for all aspects of inventory (valuation, verification, obsolescence) and works closely with operations to better manage inventory, product lines, margins, work in progress aged balances, reserves, cycle counts/physical inventory counts, materials in transit, warranty projects, labor/overhead rates and other adjustments.
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) or forecast analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information as needed for decision making support.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries, including supporting documentation.
• Responsible for performing month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes; SOX compliance and financial reporting;
• Partners with Manufacturing Manager and other functional leaders
• Prepares SOX compliance documentation and/or schedules, including Quarterly Walkthroughs for Management's review.
• Performs balance sheet and income statement reviews, including trend and variance analysis.
• Review monthly financial statements, ensure balance sheet accounts are properly analyzed and review sub ledger reconciliation
• Conducts balance sheet account reconciliations. Ensure any reconciling issues are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
ii. Other Area Responsibilities
• Ensure that capital expenditures are properly authorized and coded
• Assist Tax Department in preparation of local statutory accounts and supplementary information for US tax returns
• Assist in preparation of annual budget, forecasts and outlook
iii. Special Projects
• Assist and participate in special projects on a regular basis
• Provide trend analysis and insight to support operations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
• 7 or more years in Accounting (3-4 years in Cost Accounting)
• CPA desired but not required
• Experience with ERP Manufacturing systems
• Strong Excel skills
• Motivated, energetic, self-starter
• Hand on and drive attitude
• Intelligent, sound judgment, common sense
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills working collaboratively with finance, Operations and Corporate departments
• Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills
• Ability to multi-task under strict, deadline-oriented and fast-paced working environments
• Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX and Cost Accounting
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.