Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is a petroleum and natural gas exploration and production company & they are currently looking for a Facilities Engineer. This is a long term contract opportunity and below are more details:
This Facilities Engineering position is located in the Client's Office in Vernal, Utah and is a member of the Midstream Asset Surveillance & Optimization Team. This position provides technical support to field operations, ensuring safe facility design and optimized operations. This position will work closely with field staff to support the local gas plant, compression stations, and gathering pipelines.
- 0-5 years of experience in Oil and Gas Facilities Engineering including pipelines, gas plants, and field compression.
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to development and use of typical process safety information including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), PSV calcs, etc.
- Working knowledge process simulation using industry related software (ProMax, UniSim, VMGSim, compressor sizing, control valve sizing, separator sizing, equipment sizing, etc.).
- Strong communication skills and proficiency with standard office software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Provide day to day Facilities Engineering support to Operations for gathering, compression, and gas processing.
- Optimization of base operations including development and implementation of projects to increase production, reduce costs, improve safety, and ensure compliance.
- Analyze field problems and support technical assessment in determining various causes & solutions of problems reported from the field.
- Manage small facility modification projects to resolve identified issues or to improve facility profitability.
- Providing technical input to a Management of Change process and develop Process Safety Information.
- Participation in Process Hazard Analysis.
- Evaluate and determine equipment sizing and develop equipment specifications for purchase and installation.
- Interface with Operations field staff, HSE, Construction, vendors, outside engineering companies, and other groups as needed.
- Support efforts to improve PSM documentation at company midstream facilities.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum Engineering.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required. EIT or PE are a plus.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.