Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Maintenance Manager, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Field Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Technical Services Manager will drive customer value by providing first-class technical training to field personnel, identify technical deficiencies and provide solutions for growth, and develop technical service as a competitive advantage that allows for above average margins.
- Become a subject matter expert on all company equipment in order to support Baseline's field service team on a 24/7 basis
- Respond to or support technical issues in the field on a short-notice basis
- Work with regional operations leaders to resolve run time issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, and preparing reports for management
- Develop technical assessments of field personnel
o Creation of the tests: field, shop, written, or computer-based
- Test and score competency of field personnel based on technical assessment
o Setup in-person or small-group assessments
o Engage in discussions and feedback with service supervisors / operations managers about technical needs of field team members
o Work alongside supervisors and operations managers in conducting/reviewing score cards for field personnel
- · Manage training and develop training guides and materials (written, video, CBT, practical)
- · Conduct in-field, shop, or computer-based trainings to address deficiencies with personnel
o Develop follow-up training plans for personnel
o Develop course assessments to gauge effectiveness of training
- Creating and reviewing large power project plans: generator sizing, breaker layout, paralleling configuration, cabling, code compliance
- Support Central Repair Facility team as required
- Within 3 weeks, travel to Baseline yards and visit with technical personnel to understand areas of struggle, technical problems commonly experienced, and determine the key focus areas for technical training
- Within 60 days of hire, develop your own competency to a level of 8 out of 10 in regard to technician training (training others on what's critical to get to 8/10)
- Create the top 3 most critical technical assessment documents based on initial field assessments. Report to management within 90 days or quicker
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Organization and planning: plans, schedules, organizes, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Analytical skills: able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail: does not let important details slip through the cracks or detail a project.
- High standards: expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication, including email.
- Ability to develop people: coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles.
- Flexibility/adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Electrical: technically proficient understanding of electrical systems, circuitry, wiring schematics, low and medium voltage, variable frequency drives/motor starting devices, programming for human interfaces, electrical measurement devices/tools, relationship between voltage/hertz/amperage, generator theory, generator sizing, and computer software (installation and operation)
- Mechanical: technically proficient understanding of heavy duty industrial engines, fuel systems (both diesel and natural gas), engine fluid systems (oil/coolant), planned maintenance requirements, and heavy repair cycles