Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Bahrain
THE MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Financial Responsibilities :
• Responsible to minimize overall equipment spending based on highest preventive maintenance standard.
• Perform controls to ensure all required operational reports are received by the regional/product line office.
• Assist country organization in retrieving money from incorrect materials and warranty claims.
QHSE Responsibilities :
• To lead through effective safety leadership by being personal responsible for administration and Implementation of the HSEMS, esp. permit to work system
• To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or the environment.
• Actively lead and participate in safety discussions, safety drills and inspections.
• To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification and to implement the appropriate strategies that maintains QHSE awareness throughout the workforce.
• Encourage employees to make safety suggestions.
• Monitor and measure the operational performance of the Company's equipment. Identify areas for improvement, by supervising the PM System.
• Personally conduct maintenance inspections of the rig(s) under his supervision and maintain records of those inspections.
• Review and participate in the investigation of equipment failures. Assist to establish root cause and implement remedial measures.
• Manage, direct and support the functional activities by assisting to prepare requisitions for equipment and supplies.
• Manage and direct the utilization of resources to minimize NPT.
• Manage and direct the maintenance activities at the rigs in country of operation.
• Assist to develop and implement appropriate technical standards within the Company's management system.
• Accountable to ensure Company's PM program is utilized routinely and effectively.
• Review all Operational/Technical bulletins, communicate pertinent points to crew members and implement all directives as required.
People Management :
• To take accountable for overall rig maintenance staff to ensure a motivated disciplined and productive workforce. This includes effective staff leadership and communication.
• Appraise each direct report annually on a constant rolling feedback basis. Drive appraisal process throughout the unit to formalize performance management.
• Ensure that training programs are maintained for all employees in line with training matrix.
• Evaluate personnel under his supervision and recommend promotions, salary changes, transfers, termination, etc., when required.
• Ensure that subordinates are trained in the proper use of tools (especially software) and procedures.
• Secure training of junior members of staff to service and repair equipment to assist with their development.
• Encourage and support employees for personal development and takeover of responsibility.
• Supporting, promoting and actively participating in the Company's Competency process.
• Take immediate action on performance improvement issues and pursue a direct response culture (positive and negative) to the employee, secure a prompt feedback.
Business Planning / Continuous Improvement / Organization Efficiency :
• Ensure all work is performed within the requirements and guidance of the company's management systems.
• Secure preplan operational needs, organize equipment and supplies, and conduct testing of critical equipment/systems as required.
• Coordinate rig visits with Field Foreman to secure shared senior maintenance management visibility at the rig site.
• Review and participate in the investigation of safety incidents. Secure appropriate action and implementation of remedial measures.
• To instigate and drive and take ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement.
• Eliminate any waste and establish a cost conscious planning effort within area of responsibility.
• Secure the return of all equipment used, to its proper storage location in a condition where it is ready to be used again.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent (Mechanical Engineering qualification preferred).
• Min 10 years relevant experience in an oilfield service environment with a minimum 3 years at a Mechanical Supervisor Level
• Experience with Canrig Topdrives.
• Previous Middle East experience (preferred).
• Project management capability.
• Understanding of criticality of service quality to business growth.
• Able to demonstrate excellent safety leadership.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels assist in effective management of personnel and operations.
• Ability to impact and influence people by enthusiasm, listening and giving feedback.
• Ability to build customer relationships.
THIS POSITION IS RESIDENT IN BAHRAIN (SUPPORTING OPERATIONS IN SAUDI ARABIA). PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A ROTATIONAL POSITION