Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Fixed Electrical Test Engineer
Location: Home based - Northwich
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) plus car/car allowance and excellent benefits package
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Work as an Electrical Engineer Surveyor in the North Westfor Bureau Veritas to safely carry out high quality examination of designated electrical installations on client premises, in line with agreed schedules.
You could be working with some of the world's most recognisable brands, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance by inspecting lift equipment to the latest standards.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Client responsibilities include:
- To safely carry out high quality examination of designated electrical installations on client premises, in line with agreed schedules
- To produce and deliver inspection reports using Bureau Veritas's best in class tools for on-site reporting and immediate client access
- To act as an advisor to clients, colleagues and external bodies, providing technical and legislative advice where necessary
- To deliver customer excellence, operating in the professional, friendly and authoritative manner expected of all client-facing Bureau Veritas engineers
- To adhere with all relevant safety guidance and legislation including the code of practice for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment and the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
TAKE YOUR CAREER IN A NEW DIRECTION
Candidate requirements include:
- Minimum City & Guilds Part 1 and 2 electrical installation qualification (Part 3 desirable)
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2400 preferable (or equivalent)
- GCSEs in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- 17th Edition regulations
- Minimum three to five years' relevant industry experience
- Current UK driving licence
Personal attributes required:
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding
- Comfortable operating independently with individual responsibility for allocated inspection activities, and as part of a team when needed
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.