Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Other Skills: Bachelor’s degree, team player, EU Driver’s license – B
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
We are looking for a:
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vermilion Energy has an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Advisor in the Netherlands. The successful incumbent is responsible for commercial and economical activities (support and delivery) and internal/external co-ordination & stakeholder management in relation to existing assets, joint-ventures or new developments. The accountabilities of the Commercial Advisor comprises of Joint-Venture & Infrastructure Management, Commercial Delivery, and New Business Development
Position key responsibilities:
Joint-Venture & Infrastructure Management
- Manage and optimize the existing commercial agreements and any commitments which arise from them for both operated and non-operated assets.
- Lead the scoping, negotiating and drafting of new or amended commercial agreements with JV partners and other third parties
- Provide commercial support services to the operated asset team and other functions (e.g. exploration and finance)
- Assisting with joint venture audits within assigned areas.
- Acting as the commercial focal point for all asset activities requires effective internal coordination between the asset, commercial, economics, permitting, land & lease, legal, finance and public and government relations.
- Responsible for managing the external relationships for the asset, involving third parties, coventurers, government authorities, and regulatory bodies in close co-operation with the Public and Government Relations representative.
- Accountable for commercial activity in the asset covering opportunity identification and framing, new developments in existing licenses and operational execution of existing agreements.
- Act as project manager for identified commercially driven and other projects (e.g. unitizations, abandonments).
- Coordinate, facilitate and attend OCM's with partners, both operated and non-operated (TCM responsibility within asset team)
- Identify opportunities for cost improvements.
- Accountable for providing economics support for development and exploration projects, infrastructure, new business development and renewables opportunities.
New Business Development & Deal Delivery
- Market, identify and deliver new upstream infrastructure business opportunities to third parties (incl. renewables) and optimize the utilization of existing infrastructure.
- Opportunity Identification & Deal Delivery - develop new business by identifying, maturing and delivering new opportunities both conventional oil & gas as well as renewables where this facilitates oil & gas activities.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Minimal 3 years of previous industry experience
- A Bachelor's degree (HBO) with relevant experience
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and critical analysis skills
- Strong team player
- EU Driver's license - B
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written in English and Dutch is required.
Attributes & Characteristics:
- Open and honest team player
- Positive and engaging personality
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required
- Able to prioritize competing activities
- Netherlands based office, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada, France and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
This position is a full time position.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send your CV and motivational letter via our online Application form For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 - 493 327
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.