Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: The System Administrator provides advanced system configuration administrative functions, including monitoring and tuning as well as resolving service incidents. Responsible for the design, installation and integration of IT Infrastructure throughout the Enterprise (Microsoft Server OS, Citrix XenApp, servers, storage, etc.). May provide supplemental support in designing and implementing Enterprise-wide strategic infrastructure solutions. Will provide technical support of servers (including hardware and software applications); install new software releases, server/system upgrades, maintains all server hardware, and evaluates, installs, and resolves application/hardware server related issues. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity; maintains performance monitoring on critical systems to ensure service level agreements.
This is a non-safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Manager, Infrastructure
Directs Reports: None
- Supports the enterprise infrastructure including but not limited to, MS Active Directory, AD Group Policies, MS SQL, backup software, anti-virus products, and SANs
- Supports network and internet protocols and applications including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IIS, SNMP, SMTP, and SSL
- Monitors health and performance of all systems utilizing tools such as Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, and SolarWinds
- Administers VMWare and supports Hyper-converged Infrastructure
- Utilizes project management skills and manages day to day priorities
- Researches, tests, and implements business continuity, including disaster recovery, patch management, security, etc.
- Manages Citrix XenApp farms to provide session and application virtualization technologies
- Evaluates, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex hardware/software issues
- Creates, modifies and keeps infrastructure documentation
- Participate in the development and maintenance of cloud platforms and shared services
standards, and product / technology roadmaps.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the Office 365 stack and its underlying services and integration points, such as OneDrive for Business, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Responsible for backup and restoration of data ensuring that backups are in compliance with applicable record retention policies
- Researches, plans, implements and supports flexible, high availability solutions to support the company
- Provides recommendations for the improvement of Standard Operating Procedures
- Travels to other offices as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with multiple operating systems and database systems primarily in a Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Extensive Active Directory background; Group Policy Management, Sites & Services Management and Replication
- Extensive experience with DNS, DHCP, and other critical network related services
- Hands On Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Technologies: Windows Server, MS SQL and Hyper-V
- Knowledge in Enterprise Backup
- Ability to administer, configure, install and manage Citrix XenApp to provide session and application virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge in Endpoint Systems Management (KACE, LANDesk, SCCM, SCOM)
- Proficient skill level working with Microsoft Windows Servers resource management (disk/memory), performance management, system security, account management, PowerShell
- Proficient skill level working with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix)
- Proficient skill level working with SAN and NAS based systems (iSCSI, Fiber Channel)
- Proficient networking skills
- Client server experience and experience working with system installation and maintenance upgrades
- Teamwork skills, Customer service orientation, Communication (oral/written) and interpersonal
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment