Skills: Research & Development
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Using commercially available, or creating new, finite element analysis software to develop novel cutting structures for rock formations in our innovation programme for drilling technologies.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team using finite element analysis, analytical models and experimental techniques in researching and developing instrumented hardware solutions.
- Generates new ideas and articulates them to technology and management teams at the highest company level and to external industry and academic groups.
- Helps develop the ideas through to commercialization.
- Takes an active role in generation of intellectual property.
- PhD degree in physics, engineering, or a related discipline (recently graduated or graduating this year)
- Alternatively, MSc degree and industry experience in Finite Element analysis
- Capable of generating novel research solutions
- Expert in finite element analysis
- Strong analytical skills in applied mechanics
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre offers a stimulating research environment with real-world problems that push the limits of scientific knowledge. We are committed to be at the leading edge of science and to incorporate new emerging technologies in Schlumberger's activities. To achieve that we recruit the most talented scientists from a variety of scientific and engineering backgrounds and give them opportunities to advance their fields of expertise as well as to develop solutions of significant industrial impact.
The Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre strongly encourages the self-development of its scientists, offers high-end experimental facilities and scientific resources, and maintains strong collaborations with academic and industrial research groups worldwide.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.